Chapter Twenty-five:"How do you know...."

Start from the beginning

"Well, you asked your questions and I answered, now I'm asking mine. Does this have anything to do with Jace?" Amber asks.

Of course it has something to do with Jace....

I utter no word.

"Look Mia, it's okay if it has to do with him. It's okay to be in love with him. Being in love is generally not bad at all." Amber says.

"I'm not" I say.

You lying.....

"Mia, I know your mom's first advice is stuck in your memory and that you respect your mom enough to keep the advice for so long but aren't you disrespecting her for not even trying out the second? Jace is a good guy and your mom wished for you to meet a good guy. Jace might be your right guy 'cause you two connect pretty well. I know you might be a little scared but it's not so bad to try something new. Dating is not as bad as you think....of course there'll always be disagreements but if you guys really love each other, you guys will surely make things right again. There must be times of disagreements in any kind of relationship. The three of us, you, Michelle and myself, fight sometimes but we make up the next minute. That's how it works in romantic relationships too.....if it's a real relationship." Amber says.

"Uh....I'll be going to my room now. Thanks for answering my questions." I say, trying to stand from the bed.

"I didn't think I'd ever mention this but I saw you and Jace that night." Amber says.

I quit trying to stand from the bed and look at her.

"What night?" I ask.

"One of your hanging out nights, I saw Jace trying to lean in and kiss you but you moved away from him quickly. His reaction after you moved away showed how he desperately wanted to touch his lips with yours and I won't be surprised if you guys have had more similar moments. Jace is in love with you, Mia, not just because of his urge to kiss you but because of the way he looks at you. The tension I feel between you two is something more. Give him a chance, Mia....give your heart a chance too....open up your heart. Your heart may be broken at some point but you can always mend it and move on but you'll have to open it up first. You and Jace would make a great couple....give you and him a chance." Amber says.

"Thanks Amber. Please don't mention any of these to Michelle. You know how she can be." I say.

"Sure....I didn't tell her about that night and the hand grab at the restaurant so I got you on that." Amber says with a smile.

I return the smile and say "I'll be in my room." I stand up and start walking to the door.

"Okay" Amber says.

I leave the room.

Some things Amber said about how you know you're in love with someone are happening to me. At a point I felt like she was talking about me especially the "heartbeat" part.

Some of those things she mentioned are what I feel whenever I'm with Jace. I think about him a lot these days....mostly because I'm worried about his condition. When he starts leaning forward to me, I freeze. I care about him a lot too.

I think I'm in love with Jace!!!

Amber is right. Everything she said is right. Even how I may be disrespecting my mom by not even considering the second advice.

Gosh!!!

I got a lot going on in my mind right now. Jace's words and Amber's words. I got a lot to think of. I should just go and bury myself in the bathtub to know if I can think of the right thing to do.