Chapter 25

Chapter 25

   Margaret, who was lost in thought, said with a stutter: "Alice, why did you let Emily go from here? You two finally saw each other."
   Alice, who was trying hard to climb the stairs, said with sadness: "Auntie, I know very well that a dead person can't come back to life after four years. Besides, I'm not sad to see Georgiana because she like my mother."
   Margaret, who was helping Alice to keep her balance, said: "But Alice, how long have you known this lady?"
   "A few days."
   At that moment they reached the back of Alice's room door, Alice realized that her aunt was impatient and worried and her thoughts were very confused until she finally said: "Alice, I have to explain something to you that relates to years ago." Then she suddenly changed the subject and said: "Alice, are you okay? Do you have a cold?"
   Alice was really surprised that the subject of the discussion had changed and tried to smile and said: "Don't worry, it was just a little cold. I'm fine now."
    When Alice was alone, she stood behind her room door for a while and thought about what her aunt wanted to say and why she suddenly changed the subject of the discussion. She couldn't figure it out. Alice entered the room with fatigue and sat on the floor near the bed to tidy up some of her room stuff. No one else tidied up Alice's room. Alice's hand hit her grandmother's notebook as she tidied up and picked it up. She didn't remember that the notebook had been lying in a corner of the room for four years. She looked around it in surprise. Then she got up and lay down on the bed and after a while she touched the leather of it with curiosity and finally flipped it over and read a part of it as she wished that it was written like this: Emily's condition is not good at all. Emily is suffering a lot. I'm afraid she has a serious illness. I'm very worried about her. I don't know what to do. I've lost my hands and feet. I just sent for the doctor. I hope he gets here as soon as possible. Then in another part she read that: Finally the doctor came and said "My daughter has measles." Emily has measles! Oh God, why Emily? Why my daughter? Oh God help her please. My daughter has measles. The doctor told me "He will do his best for Emily." But his medicines don't have much effect on Emily. Anyway, I'm worried about Emily. God please return health to Emily please. God I don't know what to do anymore; nothing is in my hands anymore. She is only twelve years old.