Chapter 7

Chapter 7

     Ellington's carriage was moving in the streets near Ramsgate city to Raymond's imagination. Karen felt bad looking at the city streets. When Karen arrived at their residence, one of the servants told her at the door that "the lady and gentleman had left for Ramsgate in a hurry."
   The rain started pouring heavily.
   Karen said softly under the rain, "Mother, you always loved Georgiana more than me. You never believed for a moment that Georgiana was dead. You are a ruthless person. When I was shivering from high fever, you were only worried about her." Then the carriage headed towards Ramsgate. After a while in one of the streets of Ramsgate, the carriage suddenly stopped.
   Karen stuck her head out of the window and shouted, "Why did you stop? Why don't you move?"
   The coachman came to the window and said, "Madam, a carriage has overturned ahead. All the people are helping to clear the way; it's been ten minutes since the carriage overturned, wait a little longer until we get through."
   Karen got out of the carriage and took an umbrella over her head and started walking around the area when suddenly a woman who was walking in front of her with an unsteady gait caught her attention.
   The woman had blond hair.
   Karen brought herself close to her and said anxiously, "Madam, is something wrong?"
   The woman looked at her with worry in her blue eyes.
   Karen was horrified because the right half of the woman's white face was covered in blood and tears had washed some of the blood away.
The woman did not answer and walked a few steps further until she fainted and fell.
   Karen, who was near her, prevented her from falling to the ground and took the woman under her arm and then tried to get her to the carriage.
   The coachman looked around anxiously and as soon as he saw Karen he ran to her and said, "Who is this woman? She is not in good condition."
   Karen, who was soaked in the rain, said, "Hurry up and open the carriage door, she is not well."
   The coachman quickly opened the door. Karen gently put the woman on the seat and sat next to her and put her head gently on her lap and then the carriage moved faster than before.