Chapter 19

Chapter 19

     The next morning at the Ellington's house, everything was ready to go. Among all the happiness, the only one who felt sadness in Georgiana's face clearly and understood her completely was Karen.
They went out with a carriage to enjoy the beautiful scenery there. Until finally Georgiana got angry and said: "I don't want to leave here. I want to know what has happened to me? Why did I lose myself when I came to you? I feel like I'm running in a big and endless garden all the time, but I don't get anywhere."
  Karen said: "It's very hard; but mother is more worried about you than ever."
  Georgiana said with frustration: "But I'm thirty-one years old. I don't think I'll get lost again."
  Karen laughed and said: "Yes, that's absolutely true."
  "I don't know at all how I lived for nineteen years. Did I have a family or not? On the other hand, mother wants me to leave here without any information about these years. Why did I have to disappear?"
  "It's obvious that you came looking for me and this happened to you because of that. That's why mother was a little unkind to me in these years."
  "I didn't mean that; I wanted to know if anything else strange had happened that day?"
  "Two or three days after you disappeared, we searched everywhere for you, but because mother was very sick, we left there. Later I found out that the same day this happened, Emily, who had also caught a fever, suddenly disappeared with her family."
  "Have you ever seen her?"
  "No; because we mostly, very rarely went out of the house and did not get close to the places where they came and went, so I never saw her face. But I know that the big house that people say is mysterious and enchanted belonged to Emily's parents. By the way, why are you so interested in this matter?"
  "I don't know; I really don't know but something stimulates me that these two things are related. It's very ridiculous. I feel like I'm trying in vain to understand something from my past."
  Karen said: "Don't be upset; I'll help my dear sister. If Mrs. King sees me, she will be very impressed by seeing me so much that she has never been happy to see me before." After a few minutes of silence, she laughed and said: "Mrs. King's face after seeing me should be interesting." And when she noticed Georgiana's surprised face, she said: "Why are you so surprised? Now I'll explain it to you. Mrs. King is fully and in detail aware of everything that has happened in the past and every new thing that happens, she is the first person who immediately goes there to find out the whole story and because of this she is happy to see me because she has not caught any special news for a few days; I'm going to her house to save her from this boring state that she is stuck in."
    When they arrived at the King's house, no one opened the door for Karen, but fortunately or unfortunately one of the neighbors accidentally went to her and explained that Mrs. King had left here but no one knew where she was staying but he knew that she would not return soon. That was when Karen returned to the carriage with sadness and told Georgiana about it. She was also sad and lost in thought because her only ray of hope was gone. Although she doubted the existence of this small hope from the beginning, but anyway she was hopeful and happy about it. When they returned home, they were supposed to leave without any delay the next morning.

***
    The same morning when the children wanted to go for a walk, Alice was still in bed. She didn't want to get out of bed, although she felt more relaxed since she lived with Aunt Margaret, but today she seemed upset and anxious; and although she had been counting the moments for that morning a few days ago, but now that the moment had come, she was extremely confused and sad. She didn't want the day to start and her anxiety was so great that she completely forgot her grandmother's notebook and didn't care about its content at all.
   Margaret had noticed Alice's preoccupation, but didn't know the reason and for this reason when Mrs. Wharton came for tea, she discussed it with her. When Mrs. Wharton said in response "that she didn't know anything about it." There was also a severe anxiety on Isabella's face, which had not escaped Margaret's attention and caused her to think deeply and become anxious.
Anyway, that day and the next day passed in the peak of anxiety and despair for Alice and ended without any special event.