Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Raymond's house was the best house after the O'Connor's and all the high-class families in the area were waiting for the return of the young and wealthy Mr. Wharton, but they still had no news of his return. In the meantime, Raymond was only waiting for Isabella. It was evening and although there was a lot of snow on the ground, Isabella would definitely come. Isabella had to come.

Raymond and Elizabeth were sitting in the living room and Raymond was reading a letter as follows:

Dear Mr. Wharton

Finally, after a lot of efforts, I managed to send my parents and my sister Karen to England for the holidays. I honestly did not think my father would agree to come to England because he still has not forgotten that bitter memory. Of course, maybe if the doctor had not told my father that he had to go to France or somewhere far away to improve my mother's condition, we would have lived in England forever to find Georgiana and I would not have to try so hard to meet my dear friend and ask for marriage with Miss Buchanan. Despite all these efforts, my father has assigned me some tasks that I have to do and unfortunately I can not come to England and I am sorry for that; anyway, they will arrive in Southampton in about a week.

James Ellington

Raymond put the letter aside and said: "James has written that Mr. and Mrs. Ellington are coming here. According to the date of the letter, they will arrive in two days."

Elizabeth said in surprise: "Mr. Ellington has agreed to come here with his wife and daughter. Probably Mrs. Ellington will go to Ramsgate to look for Georgiana."

"But nineteen years have passed since Georgiana disappeared in Ramsgate."

"Yes, but Mrs. Ellington still hopes that Georgiana is there."

"Karen is also coming with them."

"I did not think Karen would come at all."

"Is Karen still depressed?"

"Yes, actually the story of Georgiana's disappearance is related to Karen."

"I heard from James that in the incident nineteen years ago when Karen was ten years old, she quarreled with her family for some reason and went to the forest until Georgiana realized that she was not there and followed her, but after a few hours when none of them returned home, a search group searched the whole forest at night and found Karen scared and crying, but there was no trace of Georgiana."

Raymond and Elizabeth continued their conversation on this matter until the waiter entered and said: "Sir, a lady named Isabella Wharton wants to meet you."

Raymond got up to greet Isabella and said: "Guide Mrs. Wharton here."

When Isabella entered the room, she said: "Raymond, we finally saw each other."

Raymond gave her his arm and said: "Yes. But you look sad, Isabella."

Mrs. Wharton went to Elizabeth to give her a kiss and said: "No; I was just surprised by that letter." Then she went to the heater to warm up.

When they all sat down, Isabella said: "I don't believe any of the words in that letter."

Suddenly a woman's voice came saying: "Everything written in the letter is true."

Isabella turned to the voice and said: "You are here?!"