Chapter 22

Chapter 22

     Alice and Margaret's strange outings, if there was no problem, were done three days a week and unlike the first time when Alice looked shocked and upset, now she was so happy with the events that had happened in these outings that she counted every day for those three days to arrive. The thing that prevented these outings was rain, snow and storm or very cold weather.
   One day when Margaret returned home and Alice was dressed, she said happily: "I'm ready; let's go."
   Margaret, as she took off her clothes, said: "I'm sorry we can't go out."
   "Why? Has something happened?"
   "Unfortunately he is sick."
   "He is sick."
The children who were very curious about this matter every time they wanted to ask Alice something happened that prevented it as if there was magic and spell in the work after a while they forgot that matter or it did not matter to them until they heard the conversation between Alice and their mother and found out that throughout this time Alice and Margaret went out of the house to meet someone. No one knew who Alice was meeting.
Anyway, gradually the number of these meetings decreased until finally in the last year there was no news of these meetings at all.
   Alice opened the window and leaned on both hands and put her face out a little and took a deep breath and then went to the table impatiently. On a small piece of paper he wrote: Finally spring came again; Today is exactly four years since I lived with my aunt. Maybe I foolishly waited for him day and night for all these years and lived with the thought that he might come into the room right now. Today I am thirteen years old but I no longer want to end this foolish wait. Then he put that piece of paper impatiently under one of the books at hand.
   At that moment, Mrs. Harris entered the room and after a quarter of an hour of teaching Alice, she realized that she was not feeling well, so she said with regret: "Are you feeling okay? Dear, are you sick? Do you want me to go to the doctor?"
   Alice said impatiently: "No; I'm perfectly fine, just a little bored."
   Mrs. Harris said: "Take it easy today, I'll teach you later. Try to have a good day."
   Alice left the house impatiently to take a walk by the sea.