Chapter 10

Chapter 10

     The maid entered the room hastily and said: "Mr. Wharton, the lady is missing."
Raymond was sitting behind his desk at home, busy auditing his finances, without lifting his head, he said distractedly: "The lady is missing? What do you mean?"
   "The doorman gave me a letter and said" an unknown person brought it to give it to the lady "and I did it. When the lady read the letter, she became agitated and wanted to leave quickly."
   Raymond angrily said: "I had said that she should not go out. You have to watch her."
  The maid said: "I told them they couldn't go out, but they didn't listen." Then he said with frustration: "Unfortunately, I don't know where they are now. The truth is that the coachman who is now with the doctor says that the lady was in a hurry and kept telling him" drive faster." The carriage was moving fast and overturned. People helped the coachman, but there was no trace of the lady and she disappeared."
Mr. Wharton felt dizzy and grabbed his chair firmly with one hand to keep his balance and not fall, and with his other hand he grabbed his forehead. Cold sweat had settled on his forehead. He said anxiously: "Where is she? Is she okay?" Then he said to the maid: "Go tell as many mercenaries as you know to search the whole city for her until they find her. Don't stop looking."