High School Life by ratihfarida20

HK Book Review Shop
High School Life by ratihfarida20

Thank you for your submission, it is really appreciated.

Reviewed on 28.11.23
Reviewed by Itim_na_pluma

Opening Scene:
🔸The story is a typical teenager girls and yet very interesting. It begins perfectly and it make me wanna read more. The fact that it's base on real event is what makes it more exciting and intriguing. I love it! Another thing is; the story begins in a right place, on exactly the first day of school in their senior year. The girls are properly introduced and there's even a glimpse of backstory between the three girls which is Carissa, Leah, and Ariah.

Characterization & Motivation:
🔸This story was based on true event that's why the character appears to be realistic. The narration was good and it really gives a reader a vivid view of the scenarios. Also since this is a typical teenager story the characters are realists. The goal of the story is focused on the hardship of becoming a teenagers. Relationships, heartbreak, friendship is what the story is all about and it it's proactive enough even from the beginning of the story. The motivations are also believable and the emotions were appropriate with the scenes. Since this is lead by six girls, the rest of the characters are well-rounded and makes the story enhance even more. I think no once shoul be cut. Even the heartbreaker boys are acceptable. Lastly, the relationship between the characters are believable and not contrived.

Plot & Conflict:
🔸Each main character are clarified by the well defined conflicts which is very believable since they are a teenagers. They're characteristics inclined in reality. The tension aren't that exaggerated but the story flows accurately to it's genre makes it a page turner. Words and phrases are unique, tho' there are some cliche events but since this is base on true to life events, it is acceptable. Plot twist aren't that conflict but the story is about the typical struggle of teenagers. But this is an ongoing story so I'm looking forward for a bigger plot twist at the end of their journey. I'm also impressed on how the six girls acts differently base on the character they are presenting. Carissa as a sassy girl, Leah as a trying hard joker. The heartbroken Katie, a slightly slow Kenzie and the supportive friend Ariah and Alexis that is always willing to fix the friendship. They are literally the real life group of friends.

Pacing:
🔸The  scenes are realistic and compelling. Although the flow and transition is a little bit rapid  but every scenes are important part of the story. But I wish to read more details about Katie and her Brennan relationship journey, so that I can understand how he felt uncomfortable with Katie. And why suddenly wanna make friends with Kenzie. Since the scenes moves rapidly it jumped from Katie's introducing Brennan and then to where they broken up. But perhaps the author just want to justify only the stages of teenagers life which is mostly about love and brokenhearts and how there friendship deal with the problem. Tho' I think it's better if it's still consist of some calming scenes. Nevertheless, every chapter has a hook that makes me wanna read more. There problem is somewhat practical that can be relatable in each readers. Even an adult will be willing to read this book for it bring memories and relatable scenes in every teenagers life. The story cliche is revised and  unique in it's own way also, the story is free from information dumps.

Setting & Worldbuilding:
🔸The writer use third person point of view at the first scene in chapter one. It clarify the surroundings and characters image making the scences very vivid into readers imagination. The story details are proactive enough that helps to enhance and not to distract the flow of the story.