Chapter - 22: A Whirl Wind Of Reactions

At The Audition Venue, Jaipur:

"Roohi Abhimanyu Birla!" A voice boomed from behind and everyone turned back to see who that was. But Roohi froze in her spot. She knew who that was, and she had no idea how he got there and how on earth will she face him and everyone else.

She was toasted!

Neil's voice boomed in the room and Roohi didn't even dare to turn around. Neil would have yelled out at her, but Aradhna held his palm and eyed him to not make a scene here. She was smart enough to consider that if Roohi actually got selected, then they can't express anything there openly. The makers would shamelessly use anything and everything for TRP. She had enough idea from the experiences of the talent she promoted. It's better to be careful. 

"Aap inse inke details le lijiye. Roohi! We will wait for you at the car" Aradhna spoke softly. Roohi was shocked to hear Aradhna's voice and turned around. 

The look on Neil's face, the amount of restraint he is showing, and the way Aradhna is trying to calm him surprised her. She was expecting her Chachu to yell at her left, right and center when she first heard his voice. She was kind of prepared for the reaction as soon as she realized her folly. But the restraint took her by surprise. She feebly nodded and answered all the asked questions mechanically while Aradhna dragged Neil to the car. 

Neil freed his hands and was about to bang the car with his fist when Aradhna came in the way.

"Don't make a scene here and don't you dare teach Roohi all this. You are too lost in your temper, and you are in no state to deal with her. 

Let me drive and I will drive her to her father. Let him handle her until you can reign your emotions" Aradhna clenched her teeth and whisper warned him. 

She was done with him for the day. She had a taste of how protective he was of Roohi during the contract thing which irritated her then but now, this stupid display of extreme emotions is getting on to her nerves. She tried her best to comfort him but after such a long day, she was vexed up as well. All she wanted was to take Roohi to Abhimanyu and stop Neil from drilling some sense into her, right away. 

Teenagers can be very sensitive, and they didn't know why Roohi took such a step yet. Caution is the need of the hour and she can't let Neil throw it out to the wind. She saw Roohi walking slowly towards them and sighed in relief. At least they didn't have to go and get her forcefully. She thanked the God for small mercies and opened the front passenger door for her. Roohi got in silently. Neil sat in the back seat with his ear pods on. He wasn't even sparing her a glance while she was only looking at him. 

Aradhna put on the seat belt and zoomed off. Roohi was looking out of the window and tears pooled in her eyes. She could feel her Chachu's anger and she had never seen him that way. Not when she ruined his Final College Project, not when she broke the art model, he made with so much effort in anger, not when she snitched on him and not even when she swore at him. He did get angry and did yell at her but also explained her mistake to her patiently once he calmed down. 

He always underplayed her mistakes when her father pulled her up for the same. But he never fell silent with her. They have fought relentlessly until they end up getting scolded but never ignored each other. Not when the matter is serious. Her Chachu has always been her confidant and the one she would run to if she was upset. He pampered her to no end and boosted her confidence in his own crazy way. Hence, Roohi wasn't able to come to terms with his nonchalant behaviour and absolute ignorance. 

She knew she had messed up, but she wasn't actually prepared for the reactions. There wasn't enough time as things happened quite quickly after that. Tears slipped down her cheeks. Aradhna noticed her state and felt sorry for her. She knew how many people were upset with her and how tough it was going to be for her. She just couldn't help pulling the car aside and asking Roohi to get down. Roohi looked at her and then at Neil, who looked unbothered and got down.