Chapter - 21: Musical Confrontation

The Audition Venue:

Roohi safely reached the venue and got herself registered for the auditions. Someone from the team recognized her as the girl from viral video and directly promoted her into the audition round with the judges. Roohi was super glad for the opportunity, and she was also extremely nervous. Now that she knew that she would meet Akshara any which ways, she was only concerned about what all she will ask her. 

Roohi's main motto is to stop that interview from airing, and she counted on Akshara's love for Abhir and herself to stop that from going public. She expected Akshara to get overwhelmed by her presence and she was fully picturing the reaction in her head. One of her imaginations had her being publicly introduced as Akshara's daughter by Akshara and she actually didn't mind that. She never knew that she was this desperate for her acceptance until this moment. 

All her resentment wasn't there anymore. Roohi was totally sucked into the thought of meeting her mother for the first time after so long. She didn't know if this was how she was supposed to feel about the woman she was so against but the fact that she was her mother kind of superseded everything else. She couldn't think straight. If she could, she would have made an attempt to contact someone from the family, now that she is out of their reach as they would be worried for her. 

She was really in some sort of zone and sat there eating the puffs she got from the bakery. She recollected the incident and patted herself for escaping that scary situation. As soon as she took a bite, she spit it away. It tasted too bad, and her eyes filled up. She didn't know why. As she was waiting in the lobby for her number to be called out, she felt weird. As the wait continued, with each passing minute, all the frenzy slowly started subsiding and now she was slowly getting back to her senses. 

When she saw some kids along with their parents, some bands having fun, some teenagers chatting with their friends and some busy on their phones, it hit her hard. Roohi realized at once that she was all alone in this town, far from home, with no one on her side to support and for that, she had no one to blame except herself. The reality was slowly dawning upon her and took its time to sink in. As she went through the events of the day, she felt stupid. 

Roohi felt that her decision to run away was ridiculous especially when she knew that her emotions would always be respected no matter what. She was the one who refrained from talking about her mother because she hated the fact that her mother ran away leaving her behind. Every time her name came up, she got upset and her family tried their best to avoid the topic to not hurt her. 

When Akshara came back with Abhir, Roohi wrongly assumed that she had come back for her because she already had Abhir with her. 

Back then no one knew about Abhir being a Birla. Roohi got to know that Akshara has a family now and Roohi didn't really mind that. She just wanted to be meet her mother and know her. But when she didn't find Akshara at their house waiting for her or reach out to her even once, she felt angry and jealous of Abhir. Her father had a tough time dealing with her changed behaviour. 

Abhimanyu had assumed that Roohi was getting insecure with his growing bond with Abhir. Even that was one of the reasons but the fact that Abhir had what she didn't irked her more and turned her bitter towards him. During a casual visit of Abhir to their house, to play with her, which has become a new routine back then, she got irritated and locked him up in a trunk during a game of hide and seek. 

When she got worried about getting pulled up for troubling Abhir, she reluctantly opened the trunk after a couple of minutes. When she saw him lying unconscious in there, she called for help and then all hell broke loose. Akshara was raging when she saw Abhir's condition when Abhimanyu was treating him. The moment Abhir was feeling better, she sent Abhir home with her husband, Abhinav and unleashed her fury on Abhimanyu.