Chapter - 4: Caution

At Akshara's Udaipur Residence:

Akshara was checking herself out as she was trying a new outfit for her wardrobe for the new show she had recently signed. She would be juggling between Mumbai and Udaipur soon. The thought of leaving Udaipur for work purpose and delaying the plans and execution didn't sit well with her but Abhinav convinced her otherwise. She couldn't sit at home and do nothing. That will drive her crazy. She wanted to keep her impatience in check too.

This at least only requires her for the weekends. So, she figured, she can balance both. She had already underestimated Abhimanyu and his love for Neil and assumed that he would choose his morals over his brother for at least for the time being. But he had her totally fooled and she couldn't get that hug they shared at concert out of her system. She had come to accept the fact that the Birlas changed. She needed more time to study the Birlas before planning the next move. 

The problematic Birlas were not around anymore and the one who was himself a problem, had come to turn a new leaf. Harshvardhan Birla truly surprised her. The changed dynamics for a second had her heart. She was happy for a few moments that her son grew up in a healthy environment unlike what she had presumed. Roohi and her personality awed her greatly. Manjari looked way classier than she ever looked before and even happier. 

They all looked so wholesome as a family that she felt like she wanted to be a part of them. Abhimanyu looked like he hasn't aged a second and he still had that aura which made her fall for him at the very first sight. Her heart still skips a beat when he comes in her line of vision. She wasn't proud of it though. She once considered him toxic and his temper, unhealthy for everyone around her. Although she never experienced it personally during her brief stay at Birla Mansion, she saw him lash out on others a lot of times. 

She wondered if he still did that. She wished he did that because she didn't want another regret added to her already lengthy regret list. She couldn't help thinking how her life would be if she had stuck to Abhimanyu back then. But she snapped out of it immediately. That was all short lived and this definitely wasn't the time to mull over the past. She wouldn't have become what she is today if she was stuck with the Birlas. She would have never had a distinct identity in the first place and secondly, no time to work on herself because the problems there never seem to end.

Akshara was unceremoniously disturbed by the staff as they informed her regarding the sudden visit of Vikram Singh Chauhan. Akshara was surprised. She was meaning to meet him and work on some other lead because the photos' plan flopped badly. She too had no time to waste and immediately rushed to meet him. But the moment she started gliding down the stairs, in that designer piece, it looked like a Star was descending from the sky. Abhinav who was already there giving Vikram company couldn't believe his stars that he got so lucky.

Vikram, who was already a fan just gulped. He was getting rather awkward by everything that his heart was feeling. He didn't understand how to break the news to her. He had some water and Akshara didn't miss out on the attention she got. She wasn't new to this. She knew she had that effect on people. She wondered if she would have the same effect on her ex-husband whenever they meet but rubbished it off as soon as it registered in her head. 

She mentally chided herself to just focus on getting back Abhir. She took a seat gracefully and smiled at her husband who returned the smile. She called for the refreshments and then addressed Vikram,