Chapter - 1 : The Ex - Factor

At Birla House:

Abhimanyu and Neil were in Harsh's study as Abhishek has come to meet them. They were supposed to meet and discuss this earlier, but Abhimanyu had to attend an emergency, so they pushed it over. The next day was quite eventful with Arohi in the picture. Also, Abhishek was busy talking to people and keeping an eye on Vikram Singh Chauhaan. A few of his employees were once part of Vikram's team and that helped to a great extent. 

They had briefed about the ways of Vikram and their contacts with their ex-colleagues also helped secure some crucial insights. The fact that Vikram Singh Chauhaan didn't know how to treat his subordinates with respect worked against him. A few drinks and all the pent-up frustration gushed out. They had taped those conversations just in case they might get some more clues when they re-visit it later. 

Abhishek was too good at what he does and his time at RAW earned him contacts in some vital positions who respected his past work and sacrifice. He highly respected Abhimanyu and the family, but he felt for the kids heartfully. They were one of the most well brought up children amongst the elite section that he was aware of. They have always been very respectful, easy to deal with and fun to have around. That was exactly why he let them sneak out and acted as if he had no clue. Neil was anyways a part of it. So, safety was taken care of.

He let them celebrate their little victory a lot of times. He didn't want the teenager in them to turn into a rebel and start finding ways to dodge security. So, he let them feel content with their regular mode of sneaking out so that they don't try to experiment and get into trouble. If not for that, there was no way on earth that anyone who wasn't previously trained at the skill could manage to fox the security system he designed and his men who he chose personally. 

Vikram could get hands on the photos of family only when they were out of the Birla House, not a single one inside the gate. This should clarify the why. Abhishek tried tracking the speed post but nothing matched. He then checked for the From Address which he knew would be fake. Except for the address of Birla Hospital, everything was fake. He understood that someone took the pain of making it look like a speed post. He checked the CCTV and someone dressed as a delivery guy dropped the post near the security guards on purpose. 

He waited till the guards noticed it. He hid his face using a cap, but his bike's number was captured by a CCTV on the nearby lane. Abhishek got the footage pulled out and they weren't disappointed. It was a YAMAHA R1. Why would a delivery guy own such a costly bike? It was a no brainer that the guy was planted by Vikram. The bike was traced, and the guy was threatened. He spoke like a parrot and ratted out the person who gave him the order. 

That person was then recognized by the ex-employees of Vikram in Abhishek's team as Vikram's right-hand man. The only person Vikram trusted. Everything suddenly made sense. Vikram's men following and keeping tabs, the speed post tracing back its source to Vikram only meant that someone was paying him a handsome price to pull out information about the Birlas and then carefully orchestrating a plan to create rifts or unsettle things a bit, which eventually failed.

But one thing was damn clear that it was purely personal. None of their businesses had been on the radar and no potential breach has been noted in those fronts. Abhishek had put the time to better use after the delay and he had a clearer picture to show. He needed the family's co-operation to nab the culprit because he had no clue about them having any enemies on personal grounds. He had to push them to think deep and try to zero down on people who might be threats. He was waiting for them in the study when Abhimanyu and Neil walked in.