Chapter 34

The weekend couldn't have gotten here faster, although it wasn't too eventful. Mattheo and Theo were ignoring me; I understood why Riddle was, but with Theo, I had no clue. Pansy and Blaise tried to get me out of the common room earlier in the day, as they had planned to enjoy a Butterbeer at Hogsmeade, but I politely shut them down. So instead, I decided to stay in my room and do what I do best; overthink.

My brain began to grow cloudy from the continuous thoughts and questions I had about the past events that have happened over the year, and I was beginning to grow exhausted from pacing back and forth.

Why was I still having nightmares? Were they a sign for something bound to happen? And why was Harry having nightmares similar to mine?

I just let out a groan as I slid down the side of my bed, landing on the floor with a soft thud. "What could all of this mean?" I asked out loud, crossing my arms over my lap, just as my bedroom door opened. 

"What could what mean?" I heard Draco question, as he walked into my room with two mugs, the smell of coffee instantly filling the room. "Doesn't matter," I huffed, not really in the mood to talk to him, but he just looked at me skeptically as he handed me a cup.

"Thanks," I sighed, deciding to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"It's clearly something, if it's bothering you this much," he sighed, as he lowered himself to the ground, sitting to my left. "You haven't been eating much, your grades have been slipping, and you've been dressing like a bum," he added, laughing a little with his last statement.

I quickly offered him a punch on the arm, before I looked at him a little shocked. Nobody, except Theo, seemed to notice things like this.

"Since when have you paid this much attention to someone?" I laughed, as I took a sip of the hot coffee, not even giving it the chance to cool down. "Since -- I finally -- began to care for someone other than myself," he admitted, hesitantly, as he turned to look at me, offering me his signature smirk.

I silently cursed myself for allowing myself to blush, but he was beginning to act different towards me. I took notice on all the times he has asked how I was feeling, what I was doing for the day, and even the times he had come into my room just to talk. But in all honesty, I was glad we were growing closer to one another.

Draco was beginning to become one of my closest friends here at Hogwarts and even back at home, which I was a little taken back by, considering we started off on the wrong foot. We had already began to make plans over summer for both of our birthdays; a day trip with just him and I, exploring the little village that was a little ways away from my house. His parents would never let him go on his own just for fun, but he mentioned they might if I had asked him to.

"Have you talked to Theo?" I asked, quickly breaking the eye contact I didn't realize I had been holding. "We've spoken," he said, sighing as if he was bored of the conversation. "But don't worry. I'm sure he'll come around. I mean, I've already forgiven you," he smirked, and I just let out a laugh.

"And what is it that I needed to apologize for?" I asked with a smile, as I turned my attention back towards him. "When you hang out with Potter and the Weasels, you should be begging on your knees for forgiveness," he scoffed, his face twitching as he mentioned their names. "Especially for something like this, Flo," he added, his face dropping into a serious expression.

I just sighed, as I rested my head on his shoulder. "I just wanted to do something right for once," I admitted, and he just scoffed. "And you think joining a group to fight -- Vold -- you know who, led by Saint Potter was a good idea?" he asked, his voice rising with annoyance.

"I guess not," I whispered.

Another silence had passed before I spoke again. "Do you really think he's coming?" I asked, and I could feel his body tense up, his chest rising more from his sudden rapid breathing.