Chapter 83 - Maiami Championship Semifinals I

[Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come! The sun may have almost set, but the festival of Duels is far from over! In fact, we're entering the most important phase, namely the semifinal round! Everyone, are you feeling excited!?]

Resounding cheers could be heard coming from the stadium and all across the city following Nico's announcement. As for the four remaining Duelists, Yuri, Yukio, Yuto and Yuya, they stood up at once, matching fierce expressions on their faces.

[In this round, we'll be changing the Action Fields. Instead of Wonder Quarter, we'll be using two separate Action Fields, Atlas Colosseum and City of the Future – Heartland!]

Following Melissa's words, the Action Field surrounding the area around the stadium turned into particles of light and vanished. In its place, an oversized colosseum and an exact replica of Heartland's central district materialized right next to Maiami Stadium.

[These are the chosen battlefields for the four Duelists that will vie for the two spots in the final round!] Melissa continued. [So, without further ado, let's begin! The first round pits the Fusion Dimension's fiercest fighter Yuri against the Lancers' ace Tachibana Yukio!]

[There seems to be some history between these two.] Nico said. [Tachibana Yukio was defeated by Yuri during the final stages of the Interdimensional War, which means he's probably eager to avenge himself here. This should make for a thrilling Duel!]

"Oi, oi, Yukio actually lost to that shrimp?" Hiyama laughed. "How lame. He'd better win here, or else I'm never letting him live this down."

"Like you could have done any better, you muscle-brained idiot..."

"Hey, what was that, Oboro!?" Hiyama shouted. "You picking a fight with me!?"

"Give it a rest, you two." Daisuke put himself between Oboro and Hiyama, who were glaring at each other. "This is no time for petty fights. We're going to miss the good part."

"Don't worry." Akihiro said. "Yukio won't lose to the same opponent twice."

Turning their sights to the screen, the four youths noticed that Yukio had arrived at the colosseum's gate. After briefly taking a look around, he entered the large arena, which was surrounded by towering statues of warriors. From the entrance across him, Yuri could also be seen walking inside the arena, his usual confident smile on his face.

"Finally." Yukio grinned. "This is the rematch I've been looking forward to the most."

"Same here." Yuri said. "Last time, Zarc interfered and played a part in my victory. This time, I'll defeat you on my own fair and square. Fufu, I don't know why, but it feels I've come a long way from the time I was feared as Academia's most dangerous Duelist."

"Well, I also feel that the Duelist who was once known as the Wicked Dragon of the Underworld and I are completely different people." Yukio said with a smile. "Maybe we've both lost that wild edge of ours. But that doesn't mean we're weaker for it. I'd say it's quite the opposite."

"It's strange, but I can't help but agree with you." Yuri said. "But enough talking. We're here to settle things, aren't we?"

"You got that right."

[Looks like both Duelists are ready and raring to go!] Nico announced. [Let's not keep them waiting any longer! Maiami Championship Semifinal Round, first Duel, start!]

[Duel!]

Both Duelists shouted together as they activated their Duel Disks.

Yuri – LP: 4000

Yukio – LP: 4000

"Big bro Yukio..." Nene muttered with her hands clasped together. "Good luck!"

"I'll take the first turn." Yuri announced. "Since I control no Monsters, I can activate the Spell Card Predator Synthesis. Through its effect, I can select a "Predator Plants" Fusion Monster in my Extra Deck and send up to three random "Predator Plants" from my Deck to the Graveyard. Then, if the sent Monsters can be used as materials for the selected Monster's Fusion Summon, I can Special Summon it from my Extra Deck and treat it as having been Fusion Summoned. I select Predator Plants Philcoxia Basilisk and I will send three random Monsters to the Graveyard."