Chapter 37: The Vengeful Dragon Slayer

At the Standard Dimension...

"How curious..."

Inside the top floor of LDS Tower, where the President's office was situated, Akaba Reiji was staring at the screen of his computer with an intense expression while he muttered so. Across him, Sora was relaxing on the luxurious sofa while licking a lollipop with a content expression on his face. Upon hearing the grey-haired youth's words however, Sora turned to him with an inquisitive expression on his face.

"What's wrong, Akaba Reiji? Did you finally manage to discover anything in Leo Corporation's database regarding the Professor's plan?"

"Only bits and pieces I'm afraid." Reiji said as he turned the computer towards Sora. "My father made sure to delete most of his research and personal files right before disappearing, so I was unable to salvage anything of value regarding this Arc Area Project of his. However, I did come across something interesting that he overlooked."

With his curiosity piqued, Sora approached the computer and was surprising upon seeing the familiar people depicted on the screen.

"This is...a younger Serena and...Yuri?" Sora frowned. "What's the meaning of this?"

"I'm not certain." Reiji said as he leaned back on his chair, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Apparently, they and the rest of their counterparts in the Four Dimensions are supposed to play a key role in a plan my father simply refers to as Revival Zero. It's most likely connected to the Arc Area Project, but there are no further details regarding this within the remaining files."

"Then this means...Yuya, Yukio and Yuzu are also supposed to play a major role in the Professor's plan?" Sora wondered. "But why? Apart from having the same face, what's so special about them? Is there perhaps some sort of hidden power or something within them that will enable the Professor to unite the dimensions?"

"I wonder..." Reiji rubbed his chin. "I always found their situation odd for more reasons than one. Yuya and Yukio's capacity to evolve was simply astounding, progressing much faster than regular Duelists while pulling out the full power of Pendulum. Despite our understanding of Pendulum Summoning and our technological might, Leo Corporation is still incapable of creating stable Fusion-Pendulum, Synchro-Pendulum, Ritual-Pendulum or Xyz-Pendulum Monsters. And yet, these two were able to create such Monsters seemingly out of nowhere with ease. I even gave Yukio one of our unstable prototypes, Sorcerer King Solomon, to test his strength and he was able to use it as a fully functioning card much to my surprise. From that, I can only infer that these five youths hide some extraordinary power within them that my father covets...or fears."

"That makes sense I guess..." Sora murmured, but then frowned. "Wait a minute here. You said Leo Corporation was unable to grant the power of Pendulum to Extra Deck Monsters and Ritual Monsters, right? In that case, how come Serena has Fusion-Pendulum Monsters in her Extra Deck? Did she also generate them by herself like Yuya and Yukio?"

"No, these were made by Leo Corporation, albeit in a different manner compared to the other Pendulum cards we created." Reiji began explaining. "Having detected some strange energy readings coming from Serena's bracelet, we discreetly examined it without her knowledge and found out that it possesses a significant amount of natural energy. Since I was curious about it, I collected a sample of energy from it and experimented with it after finding out that it had good compatibility with Duel Monster cards. So imagine my surprise when I found out that the collected energy was capable of stabilizing the experimental Fusion-Pendulum Moonlight Monsters I made for Serena. I tried this with other Pendulum hybrids as well, but it was incapable of producing the same result for some reason. Maybe it only reacted to Serena's Monsters due to them being in such close proximity with the bracelet for all this time."