𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

"Father-in-law, what should we do now? Wang-daren is coming to find me soon, you have to save me!"

"Save you? I can't even protect myself, what can I do to save you!" Magistrate Yin shoved him away in a rage.

"If you can't save me, there is really no way out." County Magistrate Wu said, "Kuang Zhimei's younger brother reported me to you, but you drove him away. They are sure to investigate you, do you think you can get away with it?"

Magistrate Yin was horrified: "That person......didn't you say that person framed you!"

"Yes, ah, I just gave you some money and you believed my words. You drove that person away without even checking." County Magistrate Wu said in a low voice, "Afterwards, I found someone to take revenge on him. If you don't save me, I will say you did it yourself. Think about it carefully, the governor and I both had accidents. Do you have any other way out?"

"Useless thing, why did I recruit you as a son-in-law!" Magistrate Yin was so furious that he passed out.

Yin Pinglu returned to the inn and sought out Wang Yibo: "My lord, it is already done."

"Thank you for your hard work. You should go back and have a rest first," Wang Yibo said.

"All right."

Wang Yibo opened some letters on the table, which were other evidence that Xiao Zhan brought back from Kuang Sheng's house. There were also signed letters from other victims. Some of these people, such as Kuang Zhimei, gave up redress because of tragic retaliation, and some of them did not want to be known by outsiders and refused to show their faces.

In addition to these letters, there was also a list of officials whom Kuang Sheng had investigated and found had financial transactions with County Magistrate Wu.

"Eat something." Xiao Zhan came in with some snacks. "The dessert in Jiangnan is exquisite and looks really good."

The four rabbit cakes on the plate were very cute, as if they were actual rabbits.

Xiao Zhan picked on up and examined it carefully, saying with emotion, "I wonder how Hongshao is doing now." After speaking, he took a bite of the rabbit cake.

"......" Wang Yibo asked, "Want to go back?"

"It's fine. Anyway, you're here, so it doesn't matter if I go back or not." Xiao Zhan picked up another rabbit cake and fed it to his mouth.

Wang Yibo reached out to grab it, but Xiao Zhan refused to give it to him. He would have to open his mouth to eat it. He lowered his eyes and said: "I can't eat it in one bite."

"Then you can eat it in several bites."

Wang Yibo imagined that scene of eating it bite by bite. This pastry was soft, glutinous, and sticky. Wouldn't it be embarrassing if it stretched?

"It's improper, I won't eat." Wang Yibo still cherished his image, especially now.

"You really won't eat?"

"En."

"Then I'll get you something else." Xiao Zhan put down the rabbit cake, got up, and left the room.

After but a moment, Xiao Zhan approached the door lightly, and when he abruptly pushed it open, he caught Wang Yibo stealing food.

Wang Yibo was startled, and stuffed most of the remaining rabbit cake into his mouth in a panic.

"Ha! I caught you!" Xiao Zhan walked over, put his hands on his knees, and bent down to look at his bulging meat bun face with a smile. "And you said you didn't want to eat it."