The Princess' Stories

Start from the beginning

"Who are you?", Jungkook demanded, his voice firm and authoritative as he pulled the man by his neck.

Startled, the man in royal garb recognized his extraordinary nature. "I am Mingyu, Prince of the neighboring kingdom. Please, I come in peace!"

Jungkook held him steady and brought him to a secluded cave nearby, hiding him from his men. He took him to the innermost of the cave where the sunlight was shining through the hole above the cave.

Then, he queried, "What are you doing in Crimsonheart Forest?"

Mingyu, regaining composure, explained, "I'm looking for my fiancée, Princess Roseanne of Eudaemonia. She's been missing for a week already. Her father, King Julius, is worried about her well-being."

Understanding dawned upon him, and he released his hold before asking further, "How does she look like? Could you describe her?"

At this moment, he was hoping that what he was thinking was wrong. Mingyu took out the scroll from the bag he carried behind him and unfurled it to show the face drawn on the scroll.

"This is her, my fiancée. Princess of Eudaemonia, Princess Roseanne Park. Do you happen to see her wandering anywhere in your forest?", Mingyu asked calmly.

His heart skipped a beat, recognizing her instantly. Princess Roseanne is Rosie. Suppressing his emotions, he maintained composure and examined the drawing closely.

With a gentle smile, he shook his head, "I haven't encountered anyone resembling her anywhere near the forest."

Mingyu looked disheartened, "I see. I was hoping she might have gone deep into this forest since that day she went missing."

"I suggest you to leave the forest and not to put any scrolls here. No one enters this place unless they want to die. Are you not aware of the harm I caused to the intruders that came here before?", Jungkook tried to threaten the royal prince.

He nodded while putting back the scroll in his bag, "I admit I've heard a lot about you. But to see you in front of my own eyes right now, you don't seem like what they all thought of you. And I never really believed what they say."

His words reminded Jungkook to Roseanne. No wonder they are engaged, they were destined to be together for their similar kindness.

"I will leave as you suggested but on one condition.", a warm smile flashed on his face.

"What condition?", Jungkook was not in the mood for any tricks, his head moved around carefully to look at their surroundings.

Mingyu chuckled before extending his hand, "May I know your name, masked angel man?"

The name he gave slightly made Jungkook feel relieved. He looked at Jungkook with a smile on his face. Slowly, he saw Jungkook giving his hand and accepting his handshake.

"My name is Caladrius."

✨️✨️✨️

Relief washed over Roseanne's face as she was sure that Mingyu was alright when he left the forest. Jungkook could see from her expression that she loved him. He suddenly felt bad for lying about her existence in the forest to him.

"Do you still want to leave the forest-"

"No! I mean...not yet..", she quickly answered.

"Don't you...miss him?", Jungkook carefully inquired.

A soft smile graced Roseanne's features as she confessed, "Yes, I miss him, but I also cherish this time away from the demands of royal life."

Understanding her need for space and self-discovery, he steered the conversation toward praising Mingyu's virtues. Perplexed, she looked at him inquisitively.