Chapter 17- The views on the world

Genya's POV

I felt a heavy weight on my shoulder and noticed that Mui had fallen asleep. How was I gonna get down now. He could fall asleep anywhere of he was comfy and tired and was quite s light sleeper. I decided to lift him gently, and carry him bridal style. I got off the roof and thankfully he was still asleep. I ended up putting him in his bed and snuggling down next to him.

I woke up to find Muichiro gone. I head faint sobbing from the bathroom. I went over to it worriedly. The door was unlocked.
"Mui...?" I opened it.
He quickly pulled his sleeves down but it was too late I had already saw.
"Genya it's not-"
I froze. As I stared at the blade dripping with blood.
His eyes were red from crying, his hair was messed up and he had dark shadows under his eyes.
I slowly walked over and hugged him tight.
He was silent for a while before he just broke down.
"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry,"
My heart sank. I'd never seen him cry like this.
"You don't need to apologize Mui, just...."
"No but- *sob* I told Mitsuri, *sob* I wouldn't do it again.."
Again?
This wasn't the first time then.
"I tried to stop *sob* but but-"
I felt so bad and so guilty.
He was so distraught he couldn't even speak properly.
"Mui, it's fine, your gonna be ok,"
"But- but-"
"Shh," I held him tight as he sobbed into my chest.
"Do you want me to get anyone?" I asked.
"Maybe Mitsuri," he sniffled.
I sent off my crow to the Love Hashira, she was right next door but I didn't want to leave Muichiro even for a second. Mitsuri burst through the door and instantly ran upstairs.
"Whats wro- oh..." she slowly kneeled down and cupped Muichiro's face.
She pulled both of us into a tight hug. I really didn't know what to do in this situation, I mean I literally just walked in on my best friend Cutting himself whilst simultaneously having a mental breakdown.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he repeated the word over and over and over till he passed out from exhaustion.
"Genya what happened?" She asked.
"He um... he hurt himself again..."
"I- oh..."
"I think he just panicked, when I walked in on him he was in tears and seemed distraught,"
"Yeah, not to mention the sorry thing,"
"Maybe something happened?"
I looked at her.
"Your the one who was with him,"
"Maybe a nightmare, or memories of something, I dunno,"
"Well this is the second time I've been woken up in the middle of the night to help Mui, I'll stay aswell,"
"Alright, Yeah, that would be good, I'm not... really good with emotions..." I nodded.
"You both have something to worry about and thats perfectly normal, I'll be here for you guys... always,"
 We rolled up his sleeves and both gasped. His arm was already covered in semi-healed scars, which meant he had done them a few days ago. His wounds were deep, very deep. The blood trickled down to his wrist. It was a bad sight, he had so many open wounds his arm looked like it was put through a shredder, twice.
We bandaged his arms and Mitsuri replaced the bandages on his shoulder. There was a gaping hole, almost like the flesh had just been torn out.
It was not a sight for the faint hearted, even I was uncomfortable, and I eat pure demon flesh.
By the time we were done it was almost 3 in the morning. I held Muichiro close and rested on Kanroji's shoulder. She pulled a blanket round all of us and rested her chin on my head.
"Just go to sleep..."
Her words were soothing and before I knew it I was asleep.

I was the first to awake. Kanroji and Muichiro were still asleep and I couldn't move without waking them since I was in between them. This was a tricky situation. Muichiro buried himself in my chest and I felt my face heat up and my heart beat a little faster. What was this feeling?
Did I love Muichiro?
It made so much sense, He gave me butterflies and he was such an amazing person, Who wouldn't fall in love with Tokito Muichiro?
He suddenly felt an hand stroke his chest.
Muichiro was awake.
"M-Mui? What are you doing....?" I asked nervously.
He twirled a piece of my hair around his finger before sighing.
"...Bored..." was all he said before getting up.
Kanroji woke up.
"Morning guys!"
"Morning," I said enthusiastically.
Muichiro just lay on the floor, waving his legs around in the air. Both me and Mitsuri watched him puzzled. What on earth was he doing, and why?
What the fuck was going through his mind right now?
We had so many questions as we watched the younger continue to do his weird thing.