Luke Hughes (My escape)

I was sitting in my room alone, thinking about my brother. I miss him so much. Two months ago my brother got into a car accident when his acceleration peddle got stuck and wouldn't release making his car crash into a building making the car burst into flames. It took them two weeks just to identify the body. I saw it in the news and by the time I found out he was missing, I knew it was him. What makes it worse is the fact that he was my twin and he was only 16.

I pick up my phone and choose to call my best friend, Luke.

"Hello?" I hear him say in his tired voice. He was probably sleeping, it's two in the morning. I feel terrible I'm such a burden this is the eighth time I called him this week and it's only Tuesday.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a burden. You can go back to sleep" I say feeling bad for waking him.

I was about to hang up before he talks sounding more away now, "no, stay. You can talk to me, I couldn't imagine what you're going through but I'm here to help you through it." Even though it wasn't FaceTime I could tell he was smiling on the other side of the call.

"Thank you Luke, do you think you could come over?" I ask. I really just want to talk to him in person.

He paused for a moment. I'm so stupid why would I ask that. Why would he want to come over at this time just because I'm sad. "I'd love too, let me just get ready and I'll be over in a minute." He says as I hear him shift on the other side of the line.

"Thank you Luke, I appreciate it." I say smiling even though he can't see it.

"Of course, I'll text you when I'm here okay?" He says as I hear him walk away from the phone and come back.

"Okay, bye." I say waiting for him to also say bye so I can hang up.

"Bye" he says quickly and then hangs up the phone.

After that, I put my phone down and put it on the charger. I walk to my dresser and take off the remainder of my makeup that I didn't cry off already.

After it's all off I put on some concealer so I don't look nearly as sleep deprived as I am and I also put on some mascara. I take a hair tie and put it in my wrist. I take my pink hairbrush in the shape of a leaf and start brushing my hair into a messy bun. Once it's at the top of my head I use the hair tie to keep it in place.

After I'm done I grab my TV remote and sit in my bed with an oversized T-Shirt and some Nike pros and go to lay in my bed. Watching Dance Moms waiting for Likes text saying he's here.

After about ten more minutes, I hear a knock at my door. I run out my room and down the stairs to open my front door. When I open it I see the smiling face I love so much.

"Hey, I texted you, but you didn't respond so I just knocked. Sorry" He says standing outside.

"It's okay. Come in it's freezing out here" I say moving aside so he could walk in the house.

"Thank you." He smiles as he steps inside. As soon as he gets in, he takes off his shoes and we walk into my room.

As we get into my room I sit on my bed and invite  Luke to sit with me by patting a spot next to me. Luke smiles warmly and walks over to my bed and goes it sit next to me. He pulls me into his lap and then he leans back putting his chin on the top of my head. We tend to do this a lot we're not dating but it comforts me.

"Do you want to talk?" Luke asks in a calm, comforting voice.

I sigh, not knowing where to start. "I miss him, a lot. I know I say this all the time but I really do. It feels like there is a part of me missing." I say as I feel the tears rolling down my face.

"I know you do, you two were really close" He says as he puts his arms around my waist and his head in my shoulder.

"I don't know, I just. I can't imagine my life without him. And now that he's gone, I just. Feel empty and worthless." I admit truthfully sobbing the words out.

"Don't ever say that. You aren't worthless. You mean so much to everyone, you mean so much to me." He says as he turns my body so that I'm now looking him in the eye.

I smile through my tears and then pull him into a big hug. He kisses the top of my head and then rests his head on mine. I start crying into his chest as he pats my back with one hand and plays with my hair with his other.

After I calm down and stop crying I continue to lay in his arms on my bed. He didn't stop stoking my hair and then after a few minutes I end up falling asleep in his arms.

After about an hour or so I wake up and notice I'm still in Luke's arms on top of him. He is sleeping too and I feel his strong arms staying wrapped around my waist. I smile to myself and place a sweet kiss on his lips even though he was sleeping. "I love you" I whisper to his sleeping body and then I put my head back in his chest.

Before I go back to sleep I hear a quiet "I love you too." I look up and see him smirking down at me.

"I hate you" I laugh quietly and playfully hitting his shoulder.

"I love you too, Y/n" He says smiling as I out my head back down on his chest.

We sleep like that for the rest of the night. I'm so happy to have a best friend as good as him.

A/n

I know this is short and I'm so sorry this was really last minute but I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for over 1k reads! I'm so thankful for all of you, and I know that no one reads these because I know I never do when I read books but like- yk. DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT WHO I SHOULD DO NEXT ILY POOKIES

Requested by @Juke1222

1144 words