Chapter 13

Shoto pov

I woke up sitting upright with my cheek resting on my hand. My elbow was propped on the arm of the chair beneath me. The room I was in was dimly lit, with a few doors leading into concealed spaces.

Oh right, I'm in the hospital.

Across from me I saw two of what I believed to be my classmates, a red head and then Ame's sister, Henko? There was a book in her lap which her focus was trained on. The boy next to her was still asleep, with his head resting on her shoulder.

My gaze shifted back to the door as a doctor stepped into the open space, then closed it behind him.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and when I checked I saw maybe 100 unread messages, all from the same bastard. I proceeded to switch the device to silent mode.

My nerves were on edge, every sound making my head jerk up in anticipation, only to be disappointed time and time again.

At some point, three doctors rushed through the door in front of us, and I got a glimpse of Ame, sitting up in bed, right before the door locked shut.

After that everything was ten times worse. I began worrying and making up lies, saying it must just be routine, when I knew it wasn't.

Footsteps alerted me, and when I looked up I saw the familiar short, black hair of Ame's sister.

"So why are-"

Just as she was beginning to speak, the door slowly creaked open in front of us.

Kasumi pov

I sat up straight, breathing heavily. A few seconds later my eyes adjusted to the bright light filtering through the window, and I saw the room that surrounded me was definitely not my bedroom.

Wait, I should be dead.

Even if I hadn't landed on my neck, the fall surely would have killed me. Had someone saved me? But who? And how?

My ears suddenly became aware of a steady beeping sound. I looked over to see one of the machines that measures patients heart rates. A long tube was attached to my arm, and when I reached up I felt a bandage around my head.

Wait, a hospital?!

Panic began to set in, images clouding my eyes.

Get me out!

The machine began to pick up its pace, until it was almost constant.

Get me out!

Bright light, screaming, crying. I don't know when, but at some point a few doctors rushed into the room. One of them pulled out a syringe and injected me with a kind of tranquilizer.

Slowly, my heart began to beat slower, until it was back to normal, and the visions mostly stopped. But the feeling of panic didn't leave completely, I continued to feel uneasy no matter what they tried.

"Are you feeling better?" one of them asked, kneeling down next to me. I nodded my head slowly, still unable to speak. He smiled at me encouragingly. "Is it ok if I let the people in the waiting room in?"

My head shot up at this. "W-wait Mizuki's here?"

He smiled again. "Your sister? She and two others have been waiting all night."

My heart jumped slightly. "Yes, please let them in."

He nodded, then walked over to the door and disappeared behind it, only to return a second later, with Mizuki, Kirishima and Todoroki behind him.