Chapter 2

Is this really necessary? The testing area was huge, a large cityscape specifically designed for students to train in.

On top of the fact that I had to be surrounded by people, Mizuki and I had been separated as well. This was going to be a living hell.

"BEGIN!" The announcer shouted over the speaker.

The doors in front of the group opened, allowing the mass of people to swarm the fake streets. Jeans weren't exactly the most functional pants to  run in, but they didn't suck so screw it too late now!

A one-pointer appeared in front of me. I created a small cloud above it, releasing rain and moving the water into the cracks between its armor, successfully short circuiting it. Was this really all they had? I continued walking as more charged at me, and I continued to easily destroy them with a mere wave of my hand.

I had received a letter of recommendation, but declined, opting for the normal test. It wasnt that I wasn't confident, I just couldn't do the interview portion.

Something crashed ahead of me. Wait...not crashed, more like...exploded? Everything became clear once I saw a blonde haired boy with mini explosions going off in his palms.

So he's a disturbance.

"DIIIIIIEEEEEE." Well that was a bit much.

The boy flew towards a three-pointer, propelling himself through the air with blasts. I raised my hand, pointing it towards the robot. Droplets of water rushed past me, sinking into their target and destroying it before the boy could even get close.

When he realized he had failed, he spun around, eyes glowing with anger.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?" And that was the moment I realized, I screwed up.

I ran off as fast as I could, but heard him flying after me. In a desperate attempt to escape I created a cloud below me and lifted off into the sky before he could catch me.

Too slow again. I internally smirked.

He glared daggers at me from the ground, then turned and continued on, destroying anything that moved.

I looked around, realizing I was at the perfect vantage point. I concentrated, creating a large, dark cloud above me, spanning a small area below me.

And now fall.

Rain poured down around me, crashing down towards the ground and aiming for the targets. It smashed into the machines, crushing them from the impact (no students were harmed in the making of this fan fiction (that is a lie)).

Well...now they are gone.

I took out maybe a hundred in that, but really didn't keep track of my score. I looked around, checking to see if the blonde was still there, then let the cloud dissipate, manipulating the wind to slow my fall. I crouched down to one knee on the concrete with my hand to the ground when I touched down. 

My body was tired, but bearable, nothing that would stop me. I heard another explosion, then ducked as something barrled over my head.

What the hell does he want?!

I could have sworn he wasn't anywhere nearby.

"Rainy bastard!" He yelled, his hand outstretched toward another bot. Once it made contact, an explosion resonated from beneath it, destroying it in one blow.

Impressive, I have to admit.

A horrible memory passed over me, bright light and fire, then screaming. Instinctually I reached my hand up to my arm and dug my fingers into my skin until I began bleeding. I let out a breath, then began running again, as fast as I could away from anyone I saw.

Something crashed behind me.

Piss off you damn pomeranian!

Something sounded different from the boy's explosions, it sounded louder, bigger.

Oh shit.

I leaped into the air, creating a cloud below me to carry me off. Once I thought I was a good distance away, I turned, only to be met with a large green, metal arm swinging towards me. I released my hold on the water below me, falling a few feet before catching myself on another. I was getting sick of this test. I could feel the water in the air, shifting, forming all at my will. I felt the energy running through my body and the lightning bolt struck clean through my attacker, frying the circuits and causing it to fall, taking out some smaller ones as it hit the ground.

"And with that, the timer has run out! The exam is over!"

Took you long enough.

I returned myself to the concrete and exited the large arena as fast as possible, avoiding the devil-eyed-overly-aggressive-spiky-haired-pomeranian.

I walked along the street, kicking at pebbles as I made my way home. Mizuki appeared beside me, then of course noticed the scratches on my arm.

"You did it again, didnt you?" She asked, her face a mix of irritated and concerned. I laughed nervously in response, which earned me a strong scowl.

I was dragged home and flung on my bed, where I was forcefully held down and bandaged.

"Oh stop struggling!"

She finished and finally released me, then wrapped herself up. She left me with her sketchbook in hand and headed out through the back door.

I sat on my bed, wondering what to do. My gaze shifted to my father's guitar, the dark wood emblazoned with cloud-like shapes along the body. It was the only thing left for me from my father.

An idea struck me. I slung the dark red fabric over my shoulder and began making my way to the park. I found my favorite bench and set up, pulling the pick attached to my necklace off my neck. My fingers found the strings, beginning to strum.

"...underneath the cold...crying out to survive...carry on believing..." I hummed along to the song I had written when I was young, lyrics ingrained in my brain.

But I think...that's why...I'm broke.

Shoto pov

Sweet wind whistled through my hair as I walked along the path, grass framing the concrete below me. Most would have relished in the beautiful weather, I was simply happy to be away from my house, and my goddamn father.

School was starting soon, I had already passed the entrance exam with the reassurance of a letter of recommendation. Only the best from Endeavor's son.

I will become a hero, to surpass that bastard.

I was pulled from my thoughts by a sound, something I hadn't really ever heard before. It sounded harmonic, light, free, yet at the same time portrayed a sadness that i thought only i could feel.

I moved closer, drawn in by the melody. A girl with bright and wavey blue hair and a guitar with clouded shapes was sitting on a bench, eyes closed, focusing on the music.

"...crying out to survive..." The words escaped her lips in a voice that sounded like it could be blown away by a gust of wind, barely a whisper.

I stood there, entranced by the girl. The wind picked up, tossing her hair behind her. Her eyes opened, staring in the direction of the breeze, which then stopped. Her eyes, a beautiful and striking dark green, holding emotion I knew all too well.

Anger.