Chapter 11

(hi there, just a warning this chapter involves parental abuse and alcohol, so please just be weary if those things upset you.)

The wind blew viciously around me, whipping at my bright hair and blowing it around my head.

Around me, angry storm clouds seethed and roiled, circling me in from every direction. My legs were crossed, and if anyone could actually see me, they would have thought I was floating.

Lightning struck around me, illuminating my eyes as they slowly shifted closer to blue.

It was all too much. Everything began veering out of control.

Another crack and bright light zapped past me, intentional this time, then three more in different directions. White light filled my vision and it felt like my eardrums were going to burst from the sudden crashes of sound.

Lightning, bright light, stop it!

The visions began again in the aftermath as spots clouded my eyes, taking the place of their functionality.

A bright light, screaming, crying, the same as always. My emotions had gotten the better of me yet again after an incident in school, but worse.

All i could see was their faces, the light, and then i heard the crash of lightning.

A sob escaped my lips as thick tears ran down my cheeks. My hand began to move to my arm, but i stopped myself.

Dont give up yet.

I closed my eyes to keep the visions from fading. If i could control the memories, or at least be able to bear them, then one of my biggest weaknesses could be concealed.

Yelling, dark rooms, glass bottles, and then suddenly i could see my mother in front of me.

"Its your fault!" She screamed, body limp in areas from the alcohol in her system, an empty beer bottle dangling in her hand proving my point. "Your the reason he's gone!"

She grabbed me by my hair, pulling my small body back before i could run upstairs. I yelped slightly through the sobs at the unexpected pain.

"P-please mommy i-i didnt mean to!" I hiccuped, knowing the excuse wouldnt save me.

"Shut up! You're the reason we have to live here in this dump!" She yelled, whipping her head around to emphasize her point. "It's all your fault!"

"Im sorry i promise im sorry!" I pleaded pitifully.

I felt the strike across my face and was flung to the ground. Tears dripped onto the wooden floor, from both me and my mother.

"Its all your fault!"

Stop it!

I tried to stop the scene and wake up back in the present, but it was no use.

"Your the reason!"

Stop it!

"Hes dead!"

"Stop it!"

My eyes snapped open, hot streaks of water running down my face.

The storm around me was swirling out of control, lightning flashing every few seconds and wind blew violently against the cloud walls.

I was panting heavily, my breath ragged, hunched over with my body shaking uncontrollably. Suddenly, i was aware of a stinging pain in multiple parts of my body.

I looked down to my leg to see blood slowly seeping out of a small hole, soaking into my sweatpants. I found five more, two on my back, one on my shoulder, one right under my ribs and one on my arm. None of them were too deep, just enough to wake me up.

Water bullets.

My guess was that i had subconsciously drawn a few drops of water towards me as fast as possible to wake me up.

I attempted to calm the storm around me, but my emotions were still too out of hand.

Focus damnit!

I sucked in deep breaths, finally slowing my heart rate. I channeled all the energy i could, then focused on the clouds surrounding me. After a few seconds, the sky finally began to clear, leaving me floating out in the open.

I fell forward gasping. It was only then that i realized how tired i was, and of course at that moment my energy completely ran out, and suddenly i was falling.