11

Naruto was meditative as he observed Kurama across from him who looked as contemplative as him. "It is wise to pick Son Goku, now that you are fire, earth, and wind natured you can gain Lava Release. Son Goku and Roshi during this time had a volatile relationship. Son is prideful just as I am and distrustful of humans. If you manage to seal him inside yourself and he sees me here on my own he will be more than willing to accept a partnership with you."

Naruto sighed softly. "I have about two weeks to find and master his chakra before Kagami gets suspicious since my assessment for being ranked Jounin is at the end of the month. But as you said, his relationship with Roshi must be tasking since around this time Roshi should be around a teenager, rebellious in nature and whatnot. Hell, he's already in the Bingo Book and my fox summons have been tailing him for months. It's time to greet my new partner in battle."

"I hope this doesn't start a trend of you collecting all my brothers and sisters," Kurama joked.

"While I would jump for joy for that being possible I don't want such a target on my back just yet. I want it on my back for being Jiji's kid and living up to his legend. Not for being a Jinchuriki," Naruto stood up. "We're moving out tonight, I have to give Kushina something to remember me by tonight so she longs for me."

"I find it morbid that you can disassociate your memories from the woman who was your mother," Kurama shuddered.

"Well she isn't my mother, not at this time," Naruto shrugged. "And she is a wonderful candidate to reproduce with. Our children would be 75 percent Uzumaki blood and with my way of training, they would awaken a Sharingan either way. If they don't then that's fine, focus on your Uzumaki roots since I intend to Uzumaki-Uchiha branch. Can you imagine that? Hashirama had the privilege of marrying a full-blooded Uzumaki. Something that I am doing in the future, seems befitting for my agenda."

"Currently, I know Kushina has Mito's library of Uzumaki Scrolls that haven't been lost to time. I need to give her a blood scroll to seal all that I can tell Hiruzen doesn't want me near his Jinchuriki but when he finds out that I am one, what will he do? It's all a battle of wills and he can't ignore my power then," Naruto stood up in his mindscape. "First Kushina then we move out for Son Goku."

He took a deep breath and when he opened his eyes he was outside in the real world. He felt around for Kushina's chakra and was surprised to see it at a training ground close by. He took off when he sensed Minato's chakra in very close proximity and he observed the situation that followed. Minato was working up the courage to ask Kushina out, which made Naruto's eyes narrow as he knew personally from his father that he didn't show interest in Kushina until she made the first move. 'Interesting' Kurama mumbled in their shared mind.

'Interesting my ass, back off blondie she's mine,' Naruto thought as he silently dropped down into the training ground.

"Listen Mina-chan I'm not interested-" She was cut off when Minato hugged her tightly. "Let me go idiot."

'You know what, I need something more compromising to announce myself to,' Naruto thought as it was a key way to manipulate Kushina. Playing on her guilt.

"No I like you too much to see that stuck-up Uchiha win you," Minato growled at the mention of Naruto which had the former blonde grinning like a smug fox. "One date, just give me one date to change your mind."

Kushina sighed and Naruto could see her giving in and choosing this moment to approach just in time to hear her. "Fine one date-" The words lodged in her throat as she saw Naruto just a few feet behind Minato wearing an expression that made her heart ache. It was blank as usual but instead of subtle warmth for her, it was frigid.

"It appears I've interrupted something," Naruto's voice was cold as Minato let go of Kushina to face the Uchiha.

"We're going on a date," Minato confirmed his eyes narrowed. "I won't lose to you."

"There's nothing to lose," Naruto stated as he eyed Kushina from top to bottom. "You can keep her. I was foolish to believe we were going to build something together."

The words shocked Kushina as Naruto turned away from her. "Wait! I didn't mean it!" She chased after him but Naruto quickly used Shunshin a technique a Genin like herself wouldn't know just yet. "Damn it!"

"It's fine you have me now," Minato liked the situation presented to him but was snapped out of his dreamland when Kushina smacked him.

"You did this on purpose," Kushina had her bangs in front of her face. "If you hadn't sprung this on me Naruto and I wouldn't be in this mess. You're to blame."

Minato's gaze became a bit hard at that comment. "You're the one who agreed. You could have said no, you're just upset Naruto caught you. If he hadn't you'd have gone on the date and compared us. You had a hand in it as well so don't go playing innocent."

'Kurama what do I do?' Kushina turned to the beast inside her.

'You ruined it,' Was all Kurama had to offer, and turned from Kushina. 'He was promising and telling from his chakra incredibly powerful. He would have made a perfect mate for you. When did you become so greedy?'

Kushina choked on her words and left her mindscape to run away from Minato and the rest of the world. On the other hand, Naruto was dashing through trees at top speed to get out of the Fire Country and cross into Stone. 'Aren't you being a bit mean?' Kurama prodded.

'If she can't say no then that's not my issue now is it?' Naruto sneered. 'If she had said no I would've yanked that blonde bastard off of her and saved her. But the fact that she gave in is what pissed me off. She just sighed and went along with it. I can't accept that.'

Kurama purred. 'I suppose it's necessary.'

'I don't waste moves Kurama. Not anymore that is.'