6

Naruto yawned as he woke up that morning and headed into the little clearing he had in his backyard. He went through his morning katas and practiced his swings with precision. He tapped into his Sharingan and went through his hand signs for his various jutsu. He needed to figure out how to shorten his hand signs. He was in a clan of copiers and one way to reveal his arsenal is to show his hand signs. That wouldn't do, especially since he was confirmed to be Madara's descendant.

He went through his morning routine again for a few rounds before heading inside to get ready. Before he went to bed last night he had a blood clone clean the entire space from top to bottom. He had gotten a few items of clothing delivered to his doorstep around 4 am by a clansman and made a note to thank Kagami when he saw him again. He showered and got ready in black cargo shorts with a dark blue hoodie and shinobi sandals. He made no attempt to settle his hair as he left his home, placing a seal on the door to keep anyone out.

As he made his way to the main gate, his fellow Uchiha men and women stared at him. It was odd, they didn't look at him with the eyes of distrust he had come to expect, they looked at him with subtle awe. It was like they saw him as a good omen. Maybe the clan did see the issues between them and the Third becoming obvious. He would have to make note of this. He stepped out of the gate to a beautiful sight. Kushina stood across from the gate in a knee-length white dress with blue shinobi sandals. Her hair was done in a simple ponytail with two locks being left out to rest on either side of her face. She was looking down at her feet and Naruto took note of the light pink lipgloss she wore.

'Ah Kushina-chan,' Naruto thought as he walked over to her, expression blank.

"M-Morning," She stuttered as her face became red. Her hands clutched the dress in her grasp nervously. 'It's the only good thing in my closet, I really should go shopping for more casual clothes,' She looked up at him under her bangs. 'Do I look good Naruto? Am I pretty?'

Naruto could feel the need for validation burning in her eyes. He would have never guessed that Kushina would be so insecure, had the village boys who bullied her when she was young reduced her to this state when it came to her appearance as a woman. She bore no resemblance to the woman that was his mother, had Minato been that crucial to her confidence? 'I suppose it can't be helped, I would like you to be submissive but not one born from insecurity,' He thought as he took her hand in his. "I do think white suits you Hime-chan," The compliment rolled off the tongue and Kushina brightened instantly.

"You aren't so bad yourself Mister Uchiha," She winked at him as Naruto offered his hand for holding. Kushina looked at it nervously. "That wouldn't be a good idea."

Naruto tilted his head to the side but lowered his hand. "Alright, that shouldn't be a problem."

"I want to," Kushina clung to the front of his hoodie. "I really do but I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Trouble? I can handle myself just fine Hime-chan," Naruto narrowed his eyes.

"No people will talk," Kushina looked away. "You must know I'm a special case since I got kidnapped and all."

"I do but you're still human," Naruto took her hand. "You're afraid that people will judge me because of your special circumstance. I don't care, you're a normal girl to me no matter what circumstance."

'Shut up, you're making my heart flutter,' She thought as he began tugging her throughout the village. "Where do you want to go?" She asked, perky in nature.

"A weapons store, the local market, the public library, and the training grounds," Naruto listed off, ignoring the somewhat cautious stares Kushina got as they walked in the streets.

"Well, we can go in that order," Kushina felt comfortable, even though Naruto's hand felt cold she couldn't stop the warmth from his actions. She giggled a bit and dragged Naruto all over the village, doing a full tour as Naruto emptied his pockets of money for all the things he needed. It was approaching midday when Naruto was dragged to Kushina's apartment.

"Hime-chan isn't this too familiar?" Naruto found himself sitting on her sofa with a view to the kitchen as she pulled on an apron. "And wasn't I suppose to be doing the cooking."

"As if I would let you cook," Kushina gave him a look of disbelief. "This is all I can offer in terms of gratitude. I'm not rich, I'm not really powerful yet even though I doubt you'd want me to throw my body to the knife for you-"

"Never do that," Naruto snapped. "I am not a medic."

Kushina giggled softly. "I figured. But this is something I want to do for you."

Naruto was wearing a smirk as he got up to stand behind her, not touching her in any capacity. "Are you trying to seduce me?" Her red ears told him everything and he caressed her hair. "Adorable."

Kushina doesn't say anything but her hunched shoulders made Naruto chuckle softly before heading back to the sofa. He watched her cook, it wasn't ramen but whatever it was it was enough to make Naruto wonder what her food would taste like. The smell was one thing but was the flavor there? Time passed in silence and Kushina took in the fact that Naruto's gaze didn't make her shrink back even though they were empty eyes. She was comfortable as she placed down the dishes.

"Lunch is served," She poured cherry juice from the fridge and sat down. Naruto sat across from her, Katsudon being served. "I hope you like it," She twisted her hands as Naruto stared at the bowl. 

"I have no doubts of your cooking Hime-chan," Naruto nodded before picking up his chopsticks.