Cindy Lou Who pt.1 - Sabrina Carpenter

MATTHEW STURNIOLO

Summary: After breaking up with Matt a few months ago, you've stumbled upon an edit of him and his new girl on your for you page. It brings you back to all those good and bad times.
Warnings: Well its sad okay.

Welcome to the Sturniolo Christmas Special!

Y/n's POV

I saw you laughin' in one of his pictures
Bet you'll be the one with his ring on your finger
There's red and green everywhere but I'm so blue
Cindy Lou Who

I stared at the photos displayed in front of me. Usually I would just hold down on the video and press the button that said I wasn't interested. I had been doing it for months now. And yet more and more seemed to pop up even though I quite literally wasn't fucking interested.

There had been a few times in the beginning where I felt the tears prick in my eyes with the constant reminder of our breakup. But as we all know, there are different stages of a breakup. The denial; you don't think it's over yet. Anger; you're mad about how it went down. Bargaining; you try and find any means necessary to keep them in your life. Depression; when you finally realize they're gone and they're not coming back. That maybe you were the problem. And then finally acceptance. When it feels like you've stepped into a clear evening and the air is crisp and clean and refreshing as fuck.

I had grown out of that stage a while ago and now I just feel nothing. Some people would say that I regressed back to depression but I don't think so. I think I'm good.

I was good until I saw the soft edit of them on my FYP. My jaw practically dropped in shock at the scene in front of me. He was there. Blue eyes and all, his arms wrapped around her waist while they walked through a store together. It was totally out of Matt's usual personality when it came to PDA. With me he typically would just hold my hand or wrap an arm over my shoulder. But to her-

Maybe he met you somewhere in the desert
While he was soul searchin' he found someone better
Guess you make him happy like I couldn't do
Cindy Lou Who

I take a deep breath in genuine fear that maybe I was regressing back into the depression stage but I persevered. I rewatched the video a few more times and the the curiosity got the better of me. It had only been a few months. There's no way in hell he's already found a new girl.

I go to my list of blocked people. There were only four accounts in there. Chris, Nick, Matt and the triplets account. I didn't have the heart to block Madi or Nate. Chris and Nick were only blocked because I didn't want Matt to reach out through them, or have them stalk me for his personal benefit. I left Nate and Madi open just in case. Just in case he wanted to apologize or try and take me back. I left him two open options.

He never once reached out.

I click on the button and unblock him before clicking on his account. I let the page load before his pictures start flooding my screen. There's a story. I don't click on it. Just in case he saw I saw it. Even though there's millions of girls who follow him, and even if I blend in.

But was a profile story. I clicked on it. It had a title of a red heart and I knew exactly who it was. The woman stared back at me on the other end. The date only goes back two months. One month after we broke up. How come I've never seen this before? I click through everything. Every story getting more heartbreaking than the last.

Some were Q&A questions about their relationship, just pictures of them, date nights, gifts. Some of the pictures contained music. Luckily I didn't recognize or like any of the songs that were picked. At least he had the decency to not use our songs.