Car Video pt.2

Title: Car Video
Summary: In which Matt comes home after a big mistake in a car video
Warnings: Language, break ups, anxiety, lots of crying,

I also made a tiny mistake in the last chapter. i made it look like it was actually matt who sent the text message, but like the message was very clearly written from the perspective of y/n to matt. i'm gonna fix it after i upload this chapter but i realized that when i was falling asleep after i published it the other day...

matt sturniolo had made a mistake. and no, it wasn't the mistake you would have thought based off what we already know. he was being dumb that night that video was made. he had come straight home and jogged up the stairs after letting in his brothers and locking up the van for the night. they had become uncharacteristically quiet within the past hour and he wasn't sure why. he assumed they were just tired. but chris and nick being tired at the same time while matt was full of energy and life was uncommon. matt ignored their strange attitudes and jogged up the stairs to his room. once he stood on the top floor, his phone, which was sitting in his back jean pocket had tumbled out and fell down every stair. matt chased after the phone however he did not get to it in time. the whole screen was cracked, some glass coming from the sides.

and he had some serious plans on calling his girlfriend to check in. just like his brothers she had become radio silent. weird. matt almost felt like crying as he swept away the broken glass into the trash and carried his broken phone delicately into his bedroom where he let it lay on his table. matt plopped into his bed and rolled onto his stomach. not even bothering to change. tiredness overcame him and he quickly drifted off to sleep.

nick started editing that video that very night, the next day was friday and they were going to be having a long day tomorrow. and, now nick needed to heavily pay attention to what was happening in the video. it was gonna be his mission to fix it up. remove matt's horribly said joke. replace it with something else. make it so that the girl matt had been talking about would never have to hear of it. see it. he made so very sure of it. but chris came barging into the room asking if they could run down the street for some chips, a pepsi and maybe a slushie. nick agreed and rushed to finish up the video. forgetting everything that had happened in the hours worth of content for his fans.

and that very next evening he uploaded the video without even rewatching it. what a costly mistake.

matt paced around his bedroom. chewing on his nails like he did when he was anxious and overwhelmed. he had come so far in his anxiety, but this was a new low for him. he could feel the panic rising in his chest. he was going home in three short hours and he didn't know what was was coming home to. he had gotten a new phone the moment he could. it wasn't anything actually good, he just wanted to talk to his girl again. or what he thought was his girl. but she wasn't responding anymore. she wasn't texting him not on snapchat, instagram, or just regular text. no calls or facetimes being responded to. or even a call later text. she hadn't posted on her instagram story or snapchat. he asked nick and chris if she was okay. nick played him the video.

and matt realized what he did.

he fucking embarrassed her. he didn't mean too. he was just fucking tired and irritated. he should have said something to her and not about her. that's what he should have done. but no matter how much he said he was sorry, that they should call and talk everything over she was just quiet. he also didn't know that they were technically broken up currently. since he had gotten his new phone, all the old text messages and secrets they shared were all gone. all his phone history and pictures of them together. he hadn't connected them yet, not having the time. he also didn't want the phone. he was waiting for his old one to get fixed. so he had nothing of her right now. nothing of her except the video of him talking shit about her. embarrassing her in front of his fans.