Car Video pt.3

MATTHEW STURNIOLO
Summary: Matt's gonna fix things
Warnings: Language, breakups, crying, anxiety

She had never felt any better actually. She liked that he hadn't texted her back after she sent the message. How he too went social media silent. not that she was paying attention to him of course. she liked that nick respected her of course by taking the video down and that chris apologized. she liked that her friends held her up through this heartbreak. it had only been a week since she sent that text. friday was coming up and she couldn't feel more excited.

she was casually scrolling through her instagram for the first time. a small smile on her face. you'd probably expect anyone to be in tears right now after a breakup as messy and one sided and as long as they had been together, you'd think there would be some feelings. but it felt like everything was going right for y/n. she had three jobs that wanted her currently, and now she was just doing more research on the jobs. there was a house listing in her price range, and her birthday was right around the fucking corner. so yeah, she was thrilled right now. it was like the whole world was settling down after a chaotic week.

yes, there had been nights where she cried herself to sleep. every night actually, but this friday had been really nice. she was lying on her bed, watching some reels and then she switched over to watching peoples stories after a few idiotic reels. then she saw that the triplets had posted on their triplet instagram story.

Hey guys, sorry we haven't been posting as much as usual, we'll get back to posting again next week! - nick, chris, & matt

y/n stared at the story for a moment. she hadn't noticed how they were all quiet. that was crazy. baffling that nick and chris would take this to heart. maybe it wasn't even about her. but still. everyone knew they would never miss a day to post. what ruined their streak? if it was her, then she felt as guilty as ever. y/n's eyes welled with tears. maybe her career was going places but could she possibly have done something to ruin someone elses?

nick's pov

"You need to get up matt." I scoffed. Chris stood behind me, arms crossed. "He can't find her." Chris grumbled quietly. "She doesn't want to be found. You fucked up, get the fuck over it. We have shit to do."

"Just go without me." Matt whined sadly. He was being an idiot, hidden under the covers. he had been wearing the same pajamas for three days now. he had been trying to find y/n for two days. he gave up two days into looking for her. none of her friends would response to him. her location was turned off on snapchat. if he really wanted to look for her, if he really wanted her he would have succeeded by now. Must I do everything? "Fine Matt. Let's go Chris. We'll just say he got really sick and is being a baby about it." I slam the door and head downstairs where Laura was picking us up. She had planned something fun for us to do today, but miserable matt wanted to lay in bed all day sad over a relationship break up he caused. lame.

I did what I had to do and sent a short little text to the ex girlfriend.

Y/n/n

Me: Hey! Why don't you come over today in a little while. Matt isn't home. you should bring some of his stuff here and get your stuff as well. Just let me know if you're good! Love you and miss you!

Chris peered over my shoulder, mouth dropped at what I had done. "They're gonna kill you so hard." He shook his head, eyes wide. Almost scared but I wasn't. I could handle a couple of heartbroken idiots. What's the worst that could happen?

The next morning, y/n woke up in her room in her parents house. eyes red and puffy from the tears she shed last night while she fell asleep. she stretched her limbs and felt so much better. was this a healthy coping mechanism? uh uh. was she gonna continue this cycle until she felt ten times better? uh huh. and every morning she woke up feeling nice and refreshed for the day. she left her phone on the bed and walked to the bathroom where she brushed her teeth and fixed up her hair in the mirror. by the time she was done her puffy red eyes had settled and she looked good and awake for the day. she climbed back into bed slowly, feeling sore after the long, but much needed, pressure from the past two weeks. she was getting that house and she was getting that job and she was going back to school in a year. oooh! life couldn't be any better.