𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊

Start from the beginning

"It is crowded out there, and there are no empty tables. I wonder if I can share a table with Wang-xiong?" Ruan Xian asked.

"Take a seat." Wang Yibo simply didn't want to share a table alone with this Li idiot, so he ordered two more sets of bowls and chopsticks.

Each of them sat on one side of the table. Ruan Xian and Wang Yibo talked about the changes in the current situation. Li Yucheng found that he couldn't get a word in edgewise and was a little bit down, so he nudged the top scholar next to him: "You and Wang Yibo have a good relationship?"

Zhao Guisheng didn't know how to answer, and subconsciously looked at Wang Yibo. He found him sitting on one side with a natural and casual posture, but without losing any elegance. Eating slowly, he occasionally nodded in agreement with Ruan Xian's comments. He couldn't help but stare at him in a daze, thinking that some people were born in such a way that people couldn't take their eyes off them.

He didn't answer this question, and then heard Wang Yibo mention the Jiangnan matter.

"A few days ago, the water report from the Huaihe River was submitted to the Imperial Court. Didn't it say that precipitation has increased significantly compared to the past, and floods are predicted?"

"Yes, Guisheng should be more aware of this matter, he was the one who drafted the decree for delegating disaster relief funds," Ruan Xian replied.

When the late Emperor was alive, there was a flood one year that led to people having no way to make a living. Therefore, as soon as Wang Xuan came to power, he set up newsmen at the Yangtze River and the Yellow River. At the end of spring, they began to regularly report the precipitation to the court, so as to prepare flood control in advance.

Wang Yibo looked at Zhao Guisheng: "Where did the disaster funds go?"

Zhao Guisheng was surprised, and said, "It will be distributed to Huaizhou and Zhizhou as appropriate when the time comes. According to the distance, there should be more than ten days left."

Wang Yibo frowned. A few days ago, when talking with Sun Muyun about the customs of Jiangnan, the other party had warmly invited him to visit Jiangnan, saying that the weather had been good recently and that it had been sunny for more than ten days in a row, making it easy to travel.

"Is there an issue?" Ruan Xian asked.

As soon as he spoke, there was the sound of a table overturning in the lobby. Li Yucheng, an excitable fellow, immediately opened the door. Looking down, he saw his old nemesis, Fu Qian, who was known as the most beautiful man in the capital.

The other party firmly grasped a short young master, asking: "Who are you? Do you dare to strip off your clothing and reveal yourself?"

"You let go of me!"

Wang Yibo paused. The voice was inexplicably familiar, and he calmly walked to the corridor overlooking the two arguing people. He suddenly remembered who this jade-faced young man was, and said: "Go and bring this man up."

The three of them were taken aback, and went downstairs one after another. Li Yucheng was the first to act, grabbing Fu Qian by the collar and cursing: "Everyone, come and see! In broad daylight, Fu Qian actually wanted to strip off the man's clothes. Could this be the goodness of Longyan?"[3]*

*[3] The goodness of LongXiao (龙阳之好) is an allusion to homosexuality, referring to a historical record of Lord LongXiao and King Wei, who were two men in a dedicated romantic relationship.*

In an instant, everyone burst into laughter. In consideration of saving face, Fu Qian quickly released his grip and turned around to argue with him, but he was dragged out before he could speak, and the two scuffled at the gate.