𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊

Começar do início

"I don't drink," Wang Yibo said.

"Then......have a meal?" Li Yucheng looked at him beseechingly. "Just forgive me, or my father won't take it easy on me."

"What does your father want me to do?" Wang Yibo had already guessed that Li Jinyu had sent him here, otherwise it would be impossible for him to apologize so obediently.

"You misunderstand, my father didn't mean to ask you for help, he just wanted me to apologize to Xiao Zhan. I was too ashamed to face him directly, so I took a detour......and turned up here with you."

"Did it need to be so roundabout?" Wang Yibo was amused, but his face remained blank.

"Of course, the two of you have such a good relationship, the effect is just the same." Li Yucheng took out three banknotes. "This is all my savings from over the years. My father has never embezzled, so I can't afford ten thousand taels of gold, and I can only use this to make amends to you. If one day I become prosperous, I will definitely make up the rest."

Dislike was dislike, but who couldn't get along with silver? Wang Yibo put away the banknotes without changing his expression, and then paused abruptly: "Who said I have a good relationship with him?"

"Does this still need to be said?" Li Yucheng's lips curled. "I've cursed him to his face, calling him my natural enemy, a bearer of ill luck, an evil star, and he just pretended he didn't hear it. But last time in front of you, when I cursed at him that he would kill you......he slapped me twice in an instant! It took a fortnight for the swelling to subside!"

"You deserved it." Wang Yibo thought to himself, if it wasn't useful to keep you at that time, you would have died at my hands long ago.

"Yes, yes, yes, I deserved it. My father told me not to cause trouble for you, but I refused to listen," Li Yucheng said, smiling ingratiatingly. "But not anymore. I've decided to make you a friend!"

Wang Yibo looked at him in disbelief: "Who gave you the face?"

"Why, what threshold needs to be reached before someone will be considered your friend?"

"They must at least have a functioning brain." Wang Yibo looked at his empty head with distaste and shook his head.

"It's because my dad didn't let me go to school when I was a child!" Li Yucheng said with conviction. "He didn't want me to practice martial arts, saying that the battlefield was too dangerous, and he never wanted me to be an official, so he didn't care about my studies. Otherwise, there's no telling who this year's top scholar would be."

"Oh? Who is talking about a new top scholar, ah?" Someone laughed outside the door.

Li Yucheng opened the door curiously and saw two strangers. He was about to shoo them away when a smiling man walked in and said: "Wang-xiong, it really is you. I saw your back just now and thought I was mistaken."

"You guys know each other?" Li Yucheng asked in surprise.

"I'm Ruan Xian, of the Imperial Academy." Ruan Xian smiled, then pointed to the person behind him and introduced, "This is the number one scholar, Zhao Guisheng."

Li Yucheng was dumbfounded, and wondered if he had run his mouth too much. He immediately muttered: "Tathagata Buddha, Guanyin Bodhisattva, appear quickly before me. If that doesn't work, Xichi Diaochan[2]* will also do, ah."

*[2] Diaochan is one of the four legendary beauties of ancient China and a character in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms."*

Wang Yibo looked at him speechlessly. It was a mystery how this person could think he was intelligent enough to be his friend.