Are You Saying You Wanna Call Me Daddy?

If there was one thing Frank loved just as much as he loved Gerard Way, it'd be writing and reading. Frank loved reading. He once read the first three Percy Jackson books in two days. He loved writing, too. Frank always had nightmares. Sometimes he would dream that he had made all of this up in his head-that he would wake up and everything would be okay. Those were mostly about his dad. But when he met Gerard, he had nightmares that Gerard wasn't real, or something. That Frank had made him up in his head. And he would wake up from those nightmares in a cold sweat, gasping for air. Gerard would always wake up and look worried. He had become accustomed to Franks random nightmares. Sometimes Frank would still be screaming, even though his eyes were wide open. Today Frank was going to see a psychiatrist to see if they could help with anything, or find out why Frank was having such vivid nightmares.
Frank brought Gerard, Ray and Patrick, because he really wanted them to go, and they were the only ones in the group that weren't always sarcastic assholes. Frank, of course, loved those sarcastic assholes, but you get it.
Franks mom let them take her car, and Frank wanted her to take him because he was too awkward to tell the doctor what was wrong, but she said that he needed to learn sometime. She was right, and Frank hated that, but he listened to her anyways.
They all made small talk as Frank drove, listening to Bikini Kill. "Hey guys, I got something to say." Ray said hesitantly. Frank turned down the music so he could talk. "What's up, man?" Patrick asked, and when he said man, Ray looked even more uncomfortable. "Uh, actually, about that, uh-" Ray fiddled with his thumbs. "I'm non-binary." Ray said. Gerard sighed in relief. "Jesus, Ray, I thought you killed someone. I would, of course, help bury the body if that were the case, but you know." He said, smiling back at Ray. "I've heard non-binary people actually have super powers." Patrick said. "This just in: Ray Toro is actually God." Frank said, and everyone laughed. Ray was so relieved that they were cool with it-they knew they would be, but it was still hard to say. Plus, they still had to tell the rest of the group. Ray internally sighed.
They pulled into the place, and Frank was a great almost-adult, because he didn't really know what it was called. The place with the crazy people doctors. Frank internally sighed.
They all walked in the office, and after waiting for a billion years, a female doctor came out and called Franks name. Everyone stood up, and the doctor held her hand up. "The only people allowed to come with Frank are guardians and significant others." She said. "Well, actually, all of us are dating together. We're very into polygamy." Gerard said, grinning. The doctor rolled her eyes. "C'mon, Frank." She pulled Frank in through the door and into a hallway with all the weird doctor rooms that kinda freak Frank out. She lead him into one and ordered for him to sit on the bed-thing that always had a sheet of thin paper over it, that Frank always ended up ripping apart because he didn't know how to sit still.
"So, Frank, what brings you here today?" She asked, holding a pen and clipboard in her lap.
"Uh, I've been having bad, vivid nightmares every night, and I always wake up screaming, and sometimes I'm awake while it's happening, it's really horrible." The doctor scribbled this down. "Well, Frank, it seems like you've been having night terrors. Usually people get them when they're kids and grow out of them once they're older-it's strange that these have developed so late. Nothing to worry about, though. Just make sure you have someone close while your sleeping. Night terrors can sometimes make you violent and anxious. One patient of mine that had night terrors walked into the middle of the road and laid down screaming. It's all very unpredictable." Frank nodded as she talked. "Yeah, okay. My kind-of-but-not-really-boyfriend sleeps in my room. He usually wakes up when I have them." The doctor raised her eyebrow, but nodded. "Sounds like when me and my wife met-but let's not get into that." She shook her head and smiled. "Okay, well, that's pretty much it. Call if you have anymore questions, but there's nothing we can do to prevent them except wait it out." She said, standing. Frank nodded, standing too. "What's your wife's name?" Frank asked, not really sure why. "Arizona." Frank nodded. "That's pretty, Doctor Torres." She nodded and lead him back to the waiting room. "That was quick." Patrick said. Doctor Torres leaned close to Franks ear. "Which one?" She asked. "Strawberry head." He whispered back. She smiled. "Keep him." Frank nodded and smiled. "Come on, let's head out." Frank said, and when Gerard stood up, he held Franks hand. Neither of them knew why, but it just kinda felt right. Patrick and Ray didn't say anything. They all got in the car, and after explaining to everyone what's wrong with Frank, he dropped Patrick and Ray off at their houses.
"I like it when you hold my hand." Frank said, driving to the park. "I do too." Gerard replied. It was silent for a moment. "What are we? Like, I mean, we both wanna be together, but nothing's really official. Like, we've know each other for almost three months now." Gerard asked. "I've been wondering the same thing." Frank said, sighing. "Hey, Frank?" "Yeah?" Gerard bit his lip. "Will you be my boyfriend?" Frank grinned, blushing. "It's about time." And when Frank said that, Gerard smiled, and he was very happy to be Franks new boyfriend.
When they got out of the car, they held hands walking to the swings. When they got on the swings, they were still holding hands.
"You know, my mom ships us so hard." Frank said, smiling at Gerard. "I know, she always asks me if you've made a move yet. She's gonna flip when she finds out her OTP is canon." Frank giggled. "She'll have to update her nonexistent Tumblr account." Gerard cackled at that. "God, we're like, teenage Tumblr girls." Frank sighed, still smiling. "Hashtag grunge, hashtag otp, hashtag canon, hashtag emo-" Frank pinched Gerard's thumb so he'd shut up. "You know, Wednesday is our last day of High school? Like, what then?" Frank asked, getting anxious about the future. "Well, then we have like, the entire summer to cuddle." Gerard smiled at Frank. "Don't worry, Frank. I can help you with your existential crisis. I get it. But we have forever to figure it out. We're only teenagers." Gerard reassuringly squeezed Franks hand. Frank nodded, because Gerard was right. "You know, my dad was the only one that could calm me down, but now you're the only person who can calm me down." Frank said truthfully. "Are you saying you wanna call me daddy?" Gerard asked. Frank nearly choked on air, because he was the biggest virgin ever. "I'm the biggest virgin ever, and daddy kinks can stay at least fifty miles away from me." Gerard cackled at that. Frank really loved Gerard's laugh. "You're a virgin?" Gerard asked, a little too curious about Franks sex life. Frank nodded. "What about you?" Frank asked. Gerard snorted. "Oh yeah, I get so much dick. Totally." He said, shaking his head. "Seriously, Gerard? You cannot be a virgin!" "I mean, I'm only a virgin consensual wise, you get it?" Gerard said, stroking patterns with his thumbs over Franks. Frank nodded. "Yeah." he said. "I don't even know if I'd ever wanna have sex. Like, stuff like that isn't very appealing to me." Frank said. Gerard nodded. "I mean, I guess sex is nice and all, but I can definitely live without it." Frank smiled. "Good. At least now I know you're not only trying to get in my pants." Gerard chuckled. "I would've wanted to get into your pants really badly if I moved in with you. I must be so desperate." Gerard said sarcastically.
Franks phone went off. It was Linda.
Come. Home. Now.
"Come on, we have to go, my mom sounds angry."
They got in the car and drove home. They decided to walk in holding hands.