Chapter 23: To Protect What is Most Important

Sasuke's pov

I ran towards Naruto with my Chidori activated.

He was running toward me also, Rasengan in hand.

Suddenly, our hands clashed as we finally reached each other.

"Chidori!"

"Rasengan!"

Hanako's pov

I felt as if my body had been engulfed in flames.

Sasuke...

The necklace was warning me that he wouldn't hold out for much longer.

That was it.

If Tobi wasn't gonna go get him, then I will.

Sasuke's pov

The impact of our blows blew us both backwards.

I closed my eyes preparing to hit the rock cliff, but instead I hit a body.

The person caught me and landed back on the water.

I looked up to see who it was.

Zetsu?

"You're here? Since when?"

"I've been with you for quite some time. Tobi told me to make sure you wouldn't notice me, but... It looked like you were in somewhat of a pinch," he replied.

Hanako's pov

I had just finished preparing my things and was about to leave, when Tobi approached me.

"Come on," he said. "We're going to get Sasuke. It's time to show Konoha which side you're on."

We teleported to where Sasuke was, next to a waterfall.

"What's the meaning of this, Sasuke?" Tobi asked. "I told you to retreat and get some rest."

I looked up and saw three shocked faces staring back at me.

"H-Hanako?!" Kakashi exclaimed. "What are you doing here?!"

"The Nine-Tails... Seems like you two can't help but start a fight with each other whenever you're together," Tobi said to Sasuke. "I'll give you a more suitable place to hunt him. For now, we're retreating."

"Hanako! Why are you with the Akatsuki?" Kakashi shouted at me. "You know what they've done! They destroyed our village!"

"I'm protecting the things most important to me," I replied.

Sasuke... And eventually Konoha too.

"Does that mean you don't care about all the people in the village?!" Sakura yelled at me. "You're being selfish!"

"You don't know anything about me, Sakura," I told her. "What I choose to do is none of your guys' business."

"Hanako... Are you really willing to fight against your own village?" Naruto asked me.

"... Yes."

"But why?!"

"You would never understand..."

"That's enough now," Tobi said. "We're leaving."

The image of Team Kakashi faded from sight as we teleported back to the hideout.

As soon as we arrived, Tobi grabbed my shoulder.

"Hanako, if you betray us, I will kill you myself," he said, his Sharingan glaring out at me from the hole in his mask.

"I know," was all I said. "But I won't."

I walked inside and took a deep breath.

It was almost time.

Almost time to save my village and kill the person I loved the most.

-------------

Hey guys!

Two chapters in one day!!!
I think I'm going crazy.
So for most of the book, it's mostly gone along with the Shippuden storyline, but now it's gonna be different.
So yeah. Hope you enjoyed these two chapters!

~Kelly ^_^