Chapter 15

"No" It was an automatic response, followed by "Its my supplements, I need to take them. I'm Anemic remember?" and she believes it, even though that's not entirely the truth. I couldn't bring myself to tell her and hurt her, it sounds selfish but I have my reasons, So I just smiled and nod when she says I should take them. I did though, after I taking a shower and changing into some comfortable clothes and with that I mean a sweatshirt, some jeans and my beat up Converse. Unfortunately, I didn't have any spare slides for Lizzie so I just let her use my other beat up converse, even though they're one size bigger and since she is a celebrity, my Dodgers cap and my sunglasses comes in handy. Now she's fully dressed as I am but still looks stunning in them.

"Ready to go?" I asked getting my camera bag on the couch and making sure that some of my pills are there.

"Wait, wait." She says grabbing my arm to stop me from opening the door. She stands in front of me as her eyes lands on my face. " What're you going to tell them?" She says gesturing on my bruised face.

"Its okay, I'll think of something." I smiled slightly, not even having a clue what I would really tell them. "Let's go?"

We went out of my building quite smoothly, our Uber waiting for us in front. I thought about a walk going there but knowing what happened last night and the paparazzi lurking every where in the streets of New York, it wasn't that very good of an idea so I opted for a ride instead. We didn't speak on the way to the headquarters. I was lost in my own thoughts just as she is, just staring out of the window. I thought about what Dr. Ameri said, and I think about it all the time.

Sometimes I'd imagine how will I do it and each time turns out cold, sad and painful as it is. Every time I try to say it, nothing comes out and if it does, it's all muffled and hard to understand. Well, I don't understand it either,
I don't understand why second chances are being given even though it doesn't last. In Lizzie's case, it was maliciously took for granted and a second chance was really too late, but in my case, only God knows why.

The cab stops in front of our building and I immediately got out of the cab after paying the driver and open the door for Lizzie. She smiles and says a gentle 'Thank you' as I help her out of the cab before making our way in. She stops before we even got to Tina and that made me stop and look at her.

"I'm nervous." She whispers biting on her nail and I believe her, even under those sunglasses, I can imagine worried eyes staring right into mine. "And this." Her hand touches my bruised cheek so softly but the electricity comes in sending tingles under my skin. I held her hand in the slightest courage I have in me. It's cold and tensed.

"I'll do the talking." I say giving her a reassuring smile. She breathes out heavily and nods so I go to let go of her and start walking but she grips on my hand and moves a little closer to me, like a little girl hiding behind her parents. It's the first time I've seen her so vulnerable like this and it's painful to be a witness to that. Its like she shrunk as soon as we leave my apartment.

"Hi Tina" I greet as we approach the front desk.

"Hi Sha— Holy shit what happened to you?" Her eyes are wide but shrunk when she saw who I am with and she smiles nervously and says. " Oh hi Lizzie, I'm sorry about that."

"Hi Tina." She tries to sound cheerful, applying her job into real life but I'd like to say I know her more than that. She is too sweet though. Tina's eyes eventually lands on me again so I say, the first thing that comes into my mind.

"I ran into a pole." Lizzie snorts in laughter but holds it in and for some reason my lips turn up displaying a victory smile of removing the tension she's feeling right now.

"You ran into a pole?" Tina quirked an eyebrow and chuckles so I went with it.

"Yea, I'm too clumsy, I guess. I really didn't see that coming, kinda stupid really." I shrug and Lizzie nudges me making me glanced at her as she giggles beside me making me smile. That's enough for me.