Chapter 33

Otanyi

He hadn't seen me. Or at least, if he had he wasn't acting any differently because of it.

I didn't know what was more worrying, that he had caught me watching him masturbating and was acting like nothing was up or that he'd finished himself off while thinking of me. No matter which it was, I couldn't get the image of how violent the scene had looked. Far be it for me to judge what someone does with oneself to find release, but my mind couldn't stop me from thinking about what he was like in bed. He was unbelievably vicious, or at least it'd seemed that way to me. I hadn't waited around.

"Baby this is so good," he said as I watched him take another mouthful of some of the smoked salmon with capers I'd prepared.

"I wanted to keep it light, you know?" Okay, if he wanted to play this off, then I was more than willing to do so. No part of me really wanted to rehash what I'd just seen. It was almost like the gentle, sensual Tiger that I'd been exposed to thus far had completely disappeared.

Was he pretending?

It really was the first time that I'd even contemplated that he may not be the person he'd been presenting to me all of this time.

"I can't wait for everyone to meet you. They're going to love you. I'm certain of it," I was glad that he was so sure that everything would go well.

"How many people are you expecting?" I said, taking the now empty dishes over to the sink.

"Sweetness, you don't have to do that," and he had a hand on top of mine even before I could fully make it back around the kitchen island. "There are so many people already at work getting things ready for tonight, and I can't wait to show you the surprise I have for you," and with that, I was whisked out of the kitchen and found myself inside of a bedroom that wasn't my own.

"This isn't your room. What's in this place, and what's the surprise?" I said, trying to get into the spirit of levity that was definitely going to be required in order to get through this. What did they say? If you can't beat them, then put on your best smile and buck the fuck up. Yeah, something like that.

"Sit here," he said, placing me gently on top of the bed while he disappeared into the walk-in closet behind him.

When he reappeared a few minutes later, he was holding a very recognizable and large red jewelry box in both hands.

It was almost a perfect Julia Roberts moment in Pretty Woman, except the circumstances were thankfully much different. Tiger was not my john, and I wasn't a prostitute, although, at the moment, I was about to create a fantasy with him.

But was it really that much of a fantasy?

I did feel something towards Tiger. It was different than what I felt for Hunter. And that's about as far as I'd really gotten in terms of figuring things out.

Even standing here in front of this beautiful, very rich, and famous man, I was still giving myself room to consider my own feelings without the pressure to rush into making any decisions.

I could take this time and figure out what he meant to me and if I wanted more out of this relationship.

Besides, it wasn't as if this was something that I could do on my own. It takes two.

He'd been standing before me for a few breaths. I guess he was going for the full suspensive side effect. My eyes did widen.

"Tiger, what did you do?"

Only then did he finally open the box. I was instantly blinded by the flash of color that came into view. It was truly the most beautiful piece of jewelry that I had laid my eyes on in person. Admittedly, when I first saw the box, I expected diamonds, but this was something far greater.