Chapter 32

Tiger

She was right down the hall from me but it felt like miles away.

My initial thought was to try and convince her that we'd appear closer as a couple if we actually shared a room together. But one of the first requests she made of me prior to getting into the car I'd arrived in to pick her up was that she had her own room.

It was almost like she'd had a complete mind-and-body switch earlier today. We hadn't held hands as we left her sister's building. Nor did we kiss or do any of the affectionate things I'd expected of her.

We were further along than this, weren't we? Was it the fight with her boss? Was she worried about her job?

She needn't worry. I wouldn't care whether she worked or not once everything was all settled with us.

She was behaving as if we were practically strangers, it seemed, especially when compared to the last time I'd had my hands full of her beautiful body and was exploring her mouth with my tongue.

I didn't want to spend any time dwelling on what may have caused her to change so much in such a short period of time.

"Well, at least she's finally here," I said somewhat aloud to no one in particular.

There was a gentle knock on my bedroom door. I padded over to it with bare feet and wore only some basketball shorts since I had just finished working out in my home gym and was headed to the showers.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry...I didn't mean, mean to, to.."

Wow. I loved her flustered. The way her hand rose to her lips and the way she'd ended up practically stuttering towards the end of her sentence went directly to my quickly stiffening dick underneath the thin material of my shorts. She hadn't looked as yet, but she would see it sooner or later, especially if it continued to grow.

She couldn't have been unaffected by me. Knowing that gave me hope that these next few weeks would put us where we needed to be.

I saw her turning to leave and felt an immediate compulsion to grab her before she could get away from me.

I pulled her into the interior, closed the door, and pushed her back up against it. She'd gone from shock at seeing me bare-chested to feeling all of me hard against her all in a few breaths. And she was having difficulty focusing, I could tell by her breathing pattern.

Her eyelids fluttered beautifully as she looked up into my face. With her head turned slightly away, I drew it forward so I could look directly into her eyes.

"Otanyi," I called when she'd begun to look away again. "Baby," I switched it up and let the word flow over my lips as soft as possible, which made her look at me and, this time, she held my gaze.

It wasn't resistance I detected, but I sensed something else there that threatened to keep us from taking this from me, simply holding her in place with the front of my body to putting this erection to good use.

I couldn't believe how badly I wanted her. And something in me had shifted in terms of my approach. I'd always understood Otanyi to be the type of woman who appreciated a man who took his time getting to know her. So, I'd romanced her instead with quiet dinners, long phone conversations, and lots and lots of flowers. I'd spent the time and put in the work. That's why I never shared any of my lascivious thoughts with her.

But old habits died hard, and I'd had my fair share of women with this life that I'd been living, but never one I'd wanted to bed so much before. And she was right down the frickin' hallway.

"Ah, Tiger. I just wanted to see what you wanted me to make for lunch today," she murmured, but I could see something like residual lust behind her eyes. Or so it had seemed to me.