𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

Wang Yibo subconsciously wanted to block, but his opponent's hand only landed on his shoulder, and he pulled himself a little further into his space, almost leaning against him.

"What are you doing!" Wang Yibo gritted his teeth.

"Someone is watching us," Xiao Zhan said, looking forward. He had only returned to court a short while ago, and many people hadn't fully recognized him yet, but he could still perceive sightlines from all directions.

Wang Yibo looked around and saw that his colleagues were secretly looking at the two of them, and not far away, the Imperial Censor was staring at them blatantly. He batted Xiao Zhan's hand away and said in a low voice, "If you don't want to bring disaster upon yourself, stay away from me."

Soon, Xiao Zhan knew the deep meaning behind his words.

Civil and military officials stood in the hall in an orderly manner, separated on the right and left sides, and behind them were officials in various colors of court uniforms. Xiao Zhan also had a high position and authority, so he didn't have a fixed position and stood next to Wang Yibo.

Not long after, the Emperor came to preside over the court meeting.

The main business was to discuss the shaking of Mount Tai. After the local officials reported the situation, the Emperor was a little relieved and arranged for manpower to take care of the aftermath.

The second matter was the death of Yu Junliang, the Minister of the Ministry of Officials. There was a vacancy and someone had to be selected, so there was a lot of noise in the hall for a while, and everyone had a recommendation.

Chen Haoyi was like an ant on a hot pan. Seeing that several opponents were recommended by others, he hurriedly looked at Wang Yibo, hoping that he would do as he promised.

Wang Yibo gave him a soothing look, then cupped his hands and said: "This minister thinks that the left official of the Ministry of Officials is worthy of this important task. He has been in office for many years, and is very familiar with the government affairs of the Ministry of Officials."

Chen Haoyi breathed a sigh of relief.

But somebody immediately objected: "The right official, Kan Chuan, is also familiar with government affairs. Moreover, he is young and strong, and has more energy to serve the Emperor. Chen Haoyi has been in office for many years, and has he made any political achievements? This is just taking advantage of one's seniority. From my point of view, Wang-daren, you are clearly in collusion with Chen-daren, right?"

Wang Yibo didn't answer, but Chen Haoyi became anxious first: "Who do you think is colluding! Wang-daren is upright and plainspoken, you are clearly just jealous!"

Wang Yibo shook his head inwardly. He thought this person had some wits, but he didn't expect that he was really the mud that couldn't support the wall.[2]*

[2] "The mud that couldn't support the wall," (烂泥扶不上墙) means that someone is useless/inept.*

His rebuttal just confirmed the fact of collusion. Wang Xuan was originally trying to prevent Wang Yibo from forming a clique for personal gain, but now it was almost impossible to give Chen Haoyi any chance. However, Chen Haoyi was still complacent, thinking that Wang Yibo would be able to secure victory if he helped him speak out.

There were many complicated matters discussed at the court meeting, ranging from major national affairs to minor officials taking concubines, and officials had to refute each other from time to time.

Xiao Zhan was just bored and felt drowsy now and then. He subconsciously glanced at Wang Yibo, but the other party was watching with great interest as the Imperial Censor impeached a certain official for taking a brothel woman as a concubine.