Chapter Twenty-three:"The tension...."

Começar do início

That being said, I better freshen up and go have my cake with Michelle and Amber.

************************************
Jace's POV......

"Jace! Is that you, man?" I hear Idris call out just as I enter our apartment and lock the door behind me.

I just got back from the deep conversation I had with Mia. I finally decided to pull myself together and tell her things that she needs to know, things that she deserves to know.

"Yeah, it's me." I reply to Idris.

I see him sitting on one of the kitchen stools.

"So.....how did it go? Your conversation with Mia?" Idris asks.

I let out a little sigh and sit next to Idris.

"Well.....you're a genius and I'm starting to envy you for that." I say playfully.

"What do you mean?" Idris asks.

"I took your advice of starting with my condition and she decided to give me a chance to explain the rest." I say.

"Oh.....that's good. What happened then?" Idris asks.

"She understood me and she has forgiven me." I say.

"Forgiven you? Even for the hand grab at the restaurant?" Idris asks.

"Yeah. You sound surprised, why?" I ask.

"Because that was fast. You know for a second I thought that you were doomed." Idris says.

"Doomed? How? Why?" I ask.

"Given how mean Mia can be sometimes, I thought it'd take a longer time to earn her forgiveness. I would've prefer it that way, infact." Idris says.

"What do you mean?" I say.

"I mean I wished Mia had played hard to get with you a little longer 'cause that's what you deserve. I couldn't picture a better entertainment than seeing you run around to earn the forgiveness of a girl...who isn't Alexa, of course." Idris says.

"Dude....what can I do to get you to stop mentioning Alexa? I admit that what I had with Alexa was a mistake I should've easily avoided but must you've to torture me with it every day?" I ask rhetorically.

"Don't worry, your days of torture may come to an end after you get to a certain stage." Idris says.

"What do you mean by stage?" I ask.

"Stage concerning you and Mia. You've passed the first stage....well.. again. Your first is supposed to be hanging out with her but then you ruined it with your.....drama therefore leaving earning her forgiveness as another first stage." Idris says.

"Man, what are you even trying to say?" I ask.

"What I'm trying to say is that it's time for you to make a move on Mia like a guy who's in love." Idris says.

"Make a move on her?" I ask.

"Yes. Don't you want her anymore?" Idris asks.

"Of course, I still want her but......"

Idris interrupts me.

"...but there are no buts. You should get her to know about your feelings for her and ask her out." Idris says.

"You make it sound so easy." I say.

"Well, it's not....especially with someone who already seems to have something against dating but it's better to do something than nothing. Tell her how you feel about her and ask her out. You can't tell if it's gonna work out. Mia cares about you a lot and you may not know but that may be a start on her part." Idris says.