The interrogation methods in the imperial prison were varied and cruel, and it could be said that there was torture everywhere. When ordinary people came in, just stepping through the door would make their legs tremble. As it happened, this frail and weak-looking Wang Yibo knew more about torture than even the prison guards. During interrogations, it was as if the king of hell had come into the world, and even if someone could save their own life, they wouldn't be able to save their skin.[2]*

*[2] 不死也叫人扒了几层皮: This is an idiom that basically means receiving major harm or a significant loss.*

Before the person approached, a strong fragrance wafted through the cold, humid air. The jailors couldn't help but want to lift their noses and sniff a few more times, but for fear that doing so would offend their superior, they had to wait in place in a well-behaved manner.

Presently, Wang Yibo, dressed in brocade, stood in front of them and looked around arrogantly.

A newly arrived jailor was a little afraid. He usually heard a lot of people mention the bad things Wang Yibo did, counting them by the bucketload. Terrified and curious at the same time, he raised his head to take a fearful glance and his whole person froze in place.

He saw that the visitor had a beautiful face and a pair of eyes like the bright moon, attracting people's interest for no reason at all, but hiding an inexplicable shadow that made it difficult to approach. Cold and aloof, with an indifferent manner, he was not like ordinary people and was incompatible with this stinking prison cell dimly lit by candles.

He was actually even more beautiful than the first son of the capital, the jailer inwardly slandered.

"Wang-daren,[3]* who do you want to interrogate today?" The prison boss had seen him many times, and approached him respectfully to inquire. The forced smile on his face trembled, and his expression was stiff.

*[3] The suffix -daren (大人) is a title of respect for male members of nobility.*

Wang Yibo frowned slightly, took out a handkerchief from his sleeve, and covered his mouth and nose.

The prison boss immediately understood that this man once again disliked the wet, smelly environment. Every time he came here in the past, he always carried a different fragrance on his body. Those who were ignorant assumed he had just come out of a low-grade brothel.

Putting on a show of fanning the surrounding air with his hand, he faced Wang Yibo as he walked inside: "I wonder if Wang-daren has brought the token?"

At these words, Wang Yibo took out the emperor's token from his bosom: "I'm going to see Yu Junliang. You all wait here."

Everyone received the order, led him there familiarly, and then retreated in silence.

The person in the cell was lying on the floor, disheveled. When he saw the person outside, he quickly got up, grabbed the bars with both hands, and said through gritted teeth: "Wang Yibo, you wronged me!"

"Speak prudently, Yu-daren. You and I work together, why would I harm you?"

Wang Yibo smiled slightly. There was no trace of it on his face, but Yu Junliang was annoyed by his appearance.

Back then, it was Wang Yibo who came to win him over to the party of the third prince. He promised prosperity and wealth, but now he couldn't even keep his official position and was charged with treason by Wang Yibo.

"Where is the emperor, I want to see the emperor! I was wronged!" Yu Junliang shouted loudly, hitting the bars with both hands.

"Yu-daren, why bother? With a bright future ahead of you, how could you be so foolish as to conspire with the former crown prince?" Wang Yibo said.