[37] Lunar Eclipse

"You want to void the revision of the Night and Moon treaty?"

"As she should."

"Can you do that?"

"Yeah, can she even do that...?"

"What's Trevor going to think?"

"What's Stella going to think?"

"We should do it."

"If we do that, then what does that mean for the Tyriette Pact? Or the Tyriette Tribe once the Donahues hear about it!"

"The Everton Pack survived just fine without any allies for centuries," Cassandra commented over the derision in the room. Somehow, even in a den full of werewolves, it was her voice that silenced them. "And the first time we tried to foster trust between us and the vampires, it was broken and almost my entire family was killed off." Her eyes connected with mine. "It was violated once, it can be voided now...That's the consequence for breaking rules."

"What 'rules' have any of the Versailleses broken now though? Killing a hunter isn't killing one of us."

"Define 'us'...because he turned into a werewolf after all."

"He was a hunter who turned into a wolf and he was not from here. He's not one of us."

"Maybe we should wait for Andrew," Aaron finally suggested. I looked around the room at the combination of packs, including some of the older members who still hadn't left town due to injuries or the upcoming graduation of someone they knew; but it wasn't everyone considering how last minute and late it was. But enough of us were here. I did Andrew and Ryder a favor by inviting their betas, but I didn't want them here. I didn't even mention it to either alpha or Zander because of the added dissent they would inspire. However, maybe I was wrong and the packs would inherently have enough opposition themselves even after I explained and put all the pieces together for all the antagonism that had been going on for almost two and a half months. I looked over at Ollie beside me, who nodded encouragingly at me while the boys began bickering once more. Cassandra and my mom were sharing a look. My last ditch effort was Colin who was leaning against a doorway shared by Evan; he only frowned and kept silent while listening to the voices of his pack members.

"I invited you all here because we're the ones affected by everything going on and I have a feeling it won't stop just because the Leonards are leaving," I began. "Our fight was just a bandaid to something else going on that we need to figure out and that would be a lot easier if–"

"Or is this because it was a vampire who ripped your ex-boyfriend's heart out of his chest?" Tank asked from the couch with his arm in a sling and an ice pack cradled beneath his jaw. It was interesting, given that it was Tank's wolf pulling me back and stabilizing me on that battlefield. If hadn't had that kind of strength to strangle the Leonard's werewolf, his dying soul wouldn't have supercharged Milkner and triggered him to shift. I heard Ollie start to growl on my behalf.

"A vampire ripping a heart out of someone's chest should be enough to warrant this conversation regardless if they were a werewolf or not," Dakota finally spoke up. He seemed to be the only Tyriette Pack member to outwardly support me right now. Considering how tired he was from just now getting off of a plane after his last day of school, I was surprised he showed up at all. Maybe he felt partly responsible for my line of thinking.

"So you think goody two-shoes Trevor is behind the manipulation and murder and arson? Yeah right–"

"Maybe his dad," Dakota shrugged towards a questioning Troy. "Or his mom for that matter."

"Family is family. I doubt the apple falls far," someone muttered, on board with the perception of danger.

"Sometimes family is just a word," Brett frowned, which made sense given his mate's situation with an abusive stepfather. It was complicated because that implied he thought Theodore was guilty but Trevor was vindicated.