Pure Ordinary Confusion

Start from the beginning

An embarrassing moment I have had was when my cousin Daisy and I went to the shopping mall and we were in the food court when a soda exploded on my jeans so it looked like I peed myself. It made me feel embarrassed since it did make it look like I’d gone and wet myself.

I glanced at the boring round clock on the wall 10:50 ten minutes until the bell. Behind me Ellen Ingram and Shaya Neri were gossiping and I paused to listen for a minute.

“Are you sure you heard right?” Shaya asked in a hushed whisper.

“Yeah I’m sure Ivy Palmson asked out Warren Aben and he said no” Ellen whispered back.

“But Ivy Palmson is the most popular girl in our grade. Not many guys would say no to her.” Shaya replied.

“I guess most popular doesn’t mean prettiest” Whispered Ellen.

“Yeah then I wonder who he has his eye on. Any guesses?” Asked Shaya.

“That senior girl Audrina Capello based on the fact he is a guy” Ellen said thoughtfully.

“Was Ivy upset?” Asked Shaya.

“Most likely but she’ll never admit it she is still Ivy after all.” Whispered Ellen.

“Yeah that’s true she’ll find herself a distraction and he’ll find himself a pretty cheerleader” Laughed Shaya.

“Do cheerleaders date second string quarterbacks” asked Ellen.

“He’ll be a starter next year, he’ll get one then” Said Ellen packing up her books.

“True he is cute” Said Shaya getting up to leave.

I glanced at the clock right as the bell rang. It was lunch time so I made my way down towards the lunch room and to my typical lunch table. After sitting down I looked up to see Brooke Lyn Kader at the next table talking to Layton Zeeger so I strained my ears to hear their conversation. While doing so I couldn’t help but notice how her dark hair caught the light and the way her face easily lit up when animated when she talked.

“Did you call Lince to find out what time the meeting is on Saturday?” Asked Laydon.

“Yeah it’s starting at four and were gonna meet at that new coffee house” Said Brooke Lyn as she took a drink.

“Oh yeah I heard good things about that place, who else is coming?” Asked Landon as he opened a packet of ketchup and dumping it on his fries.

“The usual Desiree, Lince, Nicholi, basically everyone who was there last time. Try to finish up quick I need to stop by the art closet before class.” Said Brooke Lyn shuffling through her papers.

Suddenly I heard my name called. It was Harper’s little sister Parker.

“Alexa!” She called racing over to me.

“Hey Parker what’s up?”

“Harper said you need to meet her in the library you guys have a history project due next class” Said Parker all in one breath.

“Oh right I gotta go then see you later Parker… “ I trailed off as I rush to the library.

A few minutes later I arrive. The library is a big well lit room with allot of tables in the middle. I see Harper sitting in the corner of the room behind a computer.

“Parker found you then? She asked without looking up.

“Yeah she did what do we need to do?”

“A PowerPoint presentation about a historical figure that has impacted our lives” She said staring at her computer screen.

“Who are you doing yours on?”