Chapter Ten

Layla.

I lazily shoved nearly every single pillow off of my spot on the bed, and then laid down on it, grinning toward Harry as he moved in beside me. Carefully, I rolled over and put my head against his chest, breathing in a soft sigh as his arms wrapped around me. I felt safe, and comfortable.

My eyes looked toward the diamond ring on my finger. It was hard to believe that Harry and I were engagement, but not at the same time. He wouldn't let me say yes to him until he proved beyond a reasonable doubt to me that we're meant to be. And I thought that was incredibly sweet, and amazing of him.

"I know I've said this a lot, but you look so beautiful right now," Harry mumbled as he gently rubbed my back, keeping me close to him. I should've felt weird being nearly bare from the waist down, and him bare from the waist up, but I didn't. It felt natural, and it wasn't anything new to me.

I half laughed. "You have said that a lot, but not recently," I said, softly.

"Must've said it in my mind then," he responded, humorously and took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "I'm surprised you stayed."

I snuggled my head against him. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be, Harry."

"I didn't think I'd hear you say that again either."

I laughed softly. "Well, get used to it. I can't wait to say yes."

He inhaled sharply. "Me too, but you have to wait until I convince you, alright?"

I nodded. "Yep. I won't argue because I know how you can get when your mind is set on something."

"Same with you," he said, chuckling. "And I want you to live with Louis and Eleanor until you come to a complete decision. I don't want to make you feel like you're being forced which to pick."

"Alright. I can deal with that." I rolled my eyes playfully. "I guess we're both just stubborn. No wonder we ended up together."

"Hope it stays that way," Harry mumbled, and I nodded in agreement.

Neither of us said anything after that, we just relaxed in the comfort of each other, and somehow we fell asleep.

***

Harry.

It was nearly morning when I woke up, and I breathed in through my nose, inhaling her sweet scent before I opened my eyes. I figured that if I could smell her, then that would mean that she was actually there and it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me. Relief flooded through me regardless once I saw Layla's sleep face against my chest, and I kissed her head gently, running my fingers through her hair at a careful pace as to not wake her up; though it wasn't really probable that she would wake up since Layla's a pretty heavy sleeper.

I took a deep breath, and gently eased her off of me, then walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I looked up at myself in the mirror, and chuckled slightly, running my fingers through my hair. It seemed like hours ago that I couldn't bear to look at myself in the mirror because I'd only see the lifelessness in my eyes, but now my face was completely lively. And that was all due to the fact that I knew that I had a chance of winning the love of my life back.

"I need to set this in motion," I mumbled to myself, thinking about my nearly ingenious plan to both get Layla back, and to help push myself to forgive Louis; hitting two birds with one stone, as they would say.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and dialed Leigha's number, then held it to my ear while I listened carefully for any sign that Layla has woken up. When I found none, I waited for an answer of a most likely cranky Leigha. It was still very early, and I had no doubt that they were both still asleep.