1.39𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Start from the beginning

Liam had to prove himself to the werewolves that he wasn't a scared little human even if it was.

It's okay to take this slow. This is a big change.

Liam looked around again. Through the stares, he noticed the smiles, and the occasional wave in his direction. Liam was starting to believe Zayn's mother.

Nobody else in the institute was as horrible as Jaiden. Nobody else was as passionate to hurt him.

Liam zoned in on Zayn and Baela and Niall when they moved to the weights. Niall was a great motivator, and often complimented Baela and pushed her to work harder. Niall was a little wary of Zayn, Liam could tell by his polite suggestions about what weight to use and what exercise to do.

Zayn was the tallest and most muscular person on the field. A wolf only had to look at him to know he was Alpha. Authority oozed from him.

Liam's eyes looked Zayn up and down. He wanted to see the way his body moved. Zayn was verynattractive, from his black hair with the unique strip of grey at the front, his intense hazel eyes that often tried to look beyond Liam's clothes, his broad round shoulders, strong large hands, muscular legs and arms, and the way Zayn moved, always calmnand calculated, like everyone around him was his prey, and one wrong move could change it all.

"You'll like it here," Solana said, breaking Liam's stare. He glanced up to her. She had the same brown eyes as his, hard when they needed to be. "I know it seems like a lot right now. You're handling this very well."

I'm no stranger to change. Liam smiled at her, and said, "I-It's definitely not how I planned the year."

Solana smiled too. "I bet this is the last place you thought you'd be."

"Yeah." Liam still had to remind himself that he was in the institute. The building he had spent most of his life trying to avoid because of the scary rumours. Even after spendinga few nights in the institute, he could still barely believe it.

When Liam looked back to Zayn, he was in the process of pulling his t-shirt off. Liam's entire world stopped as he watched the fabric rise up Zayn's back, up and up, showing his smooth skin and muscles moving beneath the surface.

Zayn turned his head, watching Liam from the corner of his eye.

Liam might as well have drooled all over the floor like a hungry dog. He closed his mouth when Zayn watched him, but bit into his bottom lip, which didn't help, not when his eyes were glued to Zayn's bare chest.

What is happening to me? Liam was losing himself in a trance. He had never been so captivated by a bare torso before. This must be the bond thing.

Zayn threw his t-shirt and it landed in a heap by Liam's feet. Liam quickly picked it up. For a moment, he thought about pressing it to his face to smell Zayn. Pull yourself together, he mumbled among his thoughts.

Liam folded Zayn's t-shirt and held it neatly in his hands. The fabric was still warm from his hot skin.

Liam could feel Solana's eyes on him. When he looked, she was staring at the t-shirt in his hands with an endearing smile.

Liam started to feel a little hot under his many layers and peeled his eyes from Zayn to count the pebbles by his feet. All the while, Liam knew Zayn watched him every chance he got, wanting to see if Liam enjoyed the view.

Zayn soon approached the bench to check on his mate who was holding tightly onto his t-shirt.

"If you're bored, mum can take you to the canteen for breakfast" Zayn said, sitting next to him, a little out of breath and a little sweaty, despite being out in the bitter winter air.

Liam pursed his lips and tilted his head towards him. He didn't mean to trail his eyes up Zayn's chest. Liam only meant to quickly glance to his face and failed.

He had turned into a sloppy mess.

Zayn linked his fingers and when Liam's eyes finally connected with his, there was an amusing twinkle among the brown.

Zayn leaned down, pressing his lips to Liam's ear and whispered, "Something distracting you?"

Liam reddened in a single heartbeat. "No," he squeaked. "Um a-are you, um, how's y-your training going?" Liam dared to look at him again.

Zayn stared fiercely at his mouth. "Good." He rested an arm on the back of the bench behind Liam. Their faces were only inches apart.

In public, Liam though that Zayn might tone down with the intense staring, but he didn't. If anything, Zayn paid him more attention, and Liam felt very special.

"H-How long do you train f-" Liam was interrupted by Zayn's lips. They had shared a few kisses now, but the excitement hadn't died down. Liam still felt his face heat up, and his heart thump crazily, and his mind turn to dust.

Zayn pushed into him, kissing him once, and
kissing him deeply.

"Twenty minutes, then we can get breakfast."

Their eyes locked as Zayn stood from the bench. There was something in the way he stared, something that screamed desire. He left Liam to sit with his mother who pretended to be interested in the pebbles.

Zayn returned to Baela and Niall. The stares were back from the other people training on the field. Most of them were laughing with each other and sharing surprised chatter. Liam assumed that Zayn showed only anger and scowls, never affection.

Affection was probably as new to them as it was to Liam. Being kissed and cared for was still a fresh routine in Liam's life. Waking up in Zayn's arms was the nicest morning Liam had ever had, and he hoped for many more mornings like it.

Liam was used to waking up on a creaky single bed, alone, and cold. He used to wait for the worries and the stresses of life to fill his head, then Liam would get up with a frown.

So far, Liam had woken feeling warm and happy as though being in Zayn's arms was the safest place in the world.

Zayn and Baela started push ups while Niall counted. Liam watched Zayn's muscular arms, up and down, up and down. Sweat dripped from him, veins raised in his forearms.

Even the way Zayn worked out was graceful as though nothing was too hard for him.

When Zayn and Niall moved on to sit ups, Liam couldn't look away. He no longer cared that he stared at Zayn's abs harder than anyone else.

This is definitely the bond thing, Liam thought, feeling much hotter under his coat.