Chapter 16 (end)

4 Years passed after the incident and Al Haitham and Kaveh were still a happy family. Their son Marin has just turned 7 years old today, and the two men have gathered enough money to admit their son into school. Marin grew up to be just like his parents and have friends on his own.

Al Haitham and Kaveh were sitting at the dinner table as they enjoyed their evening meals. The table was a bit more decorated than usual today as a special occasion was held that day.

The family was celebrating Marin's 7th birthday and he was already so big now! Al Haitham looked at Marin with pride as he smiled.

"Happy Birthday Marin! You've grown a lot! I'm so proud of you."

He sounded so sweet. His voice was a gentle tone as he looked at Marin at the dining table.

"Marin.. daddy is so proud of you.." Kaveh said gently, grabbing Marin's face and kissing all over his face.

"Thank you, Dad. I love you."

Marin smiled happily as he replied to Kaveh. He was eating quietly in the family dining table as he enjoyed his time eating with his parents.

"Dad, is it my turn to open my gifts soon?"

He asked this excitedly as he looked at Al Haitham. Al Haitham felt happy for Marin too.

"Yes, of course.."

He nodded his head at Marin, meaning that he indeed could open up his gifts now.

"Right.. I have a gift for you.."

Kaveh said as he handed Marin a small necklace.

Marin looked up and took the necklace from Kaveh. He then examined it for a moment with a smile, he liked it when he was given a gift. He looked back at Kaveh with the necklace in his hand.

"Thank you, daddy.. It's really nice. I love it."

He said this with a cute and happy voice as a light blush covered his cheeks. He was happy to receive the gift from Kaveh. He then went over to place it around his neck, liking how it felt around his neck.

"Your father and I are thinking of bringing you to the sea! Right Haitham?"

Al Haitham also nodded his head at this.

"Yes, Marin, we've been discussing this. We wanted to have a family trip soon. A special treat for you."

He then looked over at Marin.

"And, Marin.. Are you excited to go on a trip?"

Marin looked up at Al Haitham with a wide smile on his face.

"Yes, I am! I can't wait to see what the sea is like" The boy sounded so thrilled.

After dinner, they went to the docks and Kaveh carried Marin to the sea

"As we are Mermaids.. it is your turn to transform into one my son" Kaveh explained with enthusiasm.

Marin looked back at Kaveh as he listened to him. He seemed confused since he didn't understand what a mermaid was and he sounded curious about it now.

"Huh? What's a mermaid? I don't get it."

Al Haitham looked at Marin with a smile, he understood why the boy wanted to know more about it. He just wanted to help Marin learn.

"Mermaids are special beings, Marin. They have a tail and they swim in the ocean. They are beautiful, like angels and they are friends to humans."

"Oh Marin.. I'm sorry for keeping this a secret. But your father will tell you.."