Chapter 19

Y/n furrowed her brows as she stared forward, seeing Takemichi stagger while walking with Inui on his back. The two were covered in wounds and Takemichi was obviously barely holding himself up.

"What's with you two?" Y/n hummed, slowly blinking.

"N/n-chan..." Takemichi muttered, slightly gulping.

"Put me down, Hanagaki." Inui said, and the male did.

Inui wiped his sleeve over his mouth and walked forward, slightly humming as he stared at Y/n.

"You look messed up." Y/n commented, earning a slightly annoyed look. 

"You do too, even if you're not the one beat up." Inui commented.

It was sorta true. The girl's eyes were a bit more squinted than usual and eye bags were slightly prominent beneath her eyes. Her movements also seemed to be a bit slow and she was even more slouched than usual.

Inui knocked his fist against her head before saying, "Come with me, brat, Hanagaki."

"Huh? Brat?" Y/n deadpanned.

Inui only gave her a grin before walking a few buildings ahead and turning into a mostly dark alleyway. Y/n recognized the building instantly and she narrowed her eyes at the blonde who simply shrugged.

"This is mine and Koko's hideout." Inui said, fiddling with the doorknob.

"Hideout? More like some abandoned building." Takemichi commented.

"C'mon in. We can have Y/n treat our wounds in here." Inui said.

"Huh? Why me?" Y/n blinked, following after him while pointing at herself.

"It's 'cause you're always getting beat up, so I assume you're an expert in treating wounds." Inui said with a teasing tone.

Y/n frowned but she nonetheless ended up patching them up, going as gently as she could with Takemichi. Inui though...

"Jeez, woman. You're gonna give me a new bruise." Inui winced as Y/n pressed a cotton ball against his skin.

"No way. I'm positive since I'm an expert in patching people up." Y/n gave a blank smile.

'These two...' Takemichi sweat dropped.

"Anyways, what happened to you? These wounds are fresh, so you recently got your asses kicked huh." Y/n said.

"Obviously." Inui grumbled. "And what happened..."

"..."

"Eh?" Y/n blinked after the story was given to her.

"Mucho was the traitor and he kidnapped all three of you, threatening Koko with joining Tenjiku in exchange for your survival..." She mumbled.

"That's right." Takemichi nodded.

Inui silently leaned against the wall behind him, staring forward with an unreadable expression.

"I have a reason why I wanted to revive Black Dragon. Koko...He's always been with me wherever I go. Even when I'm such a useless person, he's always there with me. Because of that, I'd die for Koko." Inui admitted.

Suddenly, he propped his hands on the floor, bowing his head to Takemichi.

"And I've entrusted my life with you. Please carry on Black Dragon, Hanagaki. Please become the 11th Generation Black Dragon President!" Inui requested.

'Eh...?' Y/n paused.

"What?!" Takemichi gasped.

"Hanagaki. Please save Koko...Please save us..." Inui pleaded, tears pricking his eyes.