Chapter 13

Y/n blankly stared ahead, feet firmly planted on the ground as she slowly moved back and forth on the swing, burying her face in her scarf while one hand held an umbrella and the other held onto one of the guitar bag's straps.

"Everyone's busy today..." She muttered with a slight pout on her face.

"Then there's Chifuyu and Takemitchy who were being especially weird, and they just hung up after I asked about their plans."

As the snow fall increased, Y/n's body grew colder and colder, but she seemed to ignore it or not notice as she continued muttering to herself, speeding up the movement of the swing.

Crack!

Y/n's eyes snapped to the side and standing there was a familiar male, causing her to furrow her brows.

"What're you doing here?" She questioned.

The male rolled his eyes and responded, "I was just passing by. It's not like you own the park. So shut up."

"Huh?" Y/n deadpanned. "You're from the Black Dragons, right? And you're that guy from when I was sick."

"If I had known you were from Toman, I would've watched as you fell off the bridge." The male scoffed.

"So...What's your name?" Y/n asked.

"Why do you care?"

"Just asking."

"..."

Y/n and the male stared at each other blankly before looking away.

"Inui Seishu."

Y/n's eyes slightly widened before she let out a breath and said, "Sano Y/n."

"I'm not stupid. I know your name" Inui scoffed.

"..."

"What're you doing by yourself anyways? No one wants to be around you?" Inui spoke up.

"Shut up. That's none of your business." Y/n muttered in embarrassment.

Inui glanced at her, observing her for a few seconds before saying, "Wonder why you're even in Toman. From what I've seen and heard, you're always getting your ass beat and losing. You a masochist or something?"

"Huh?!" Y/n gaped.

"What? Am I wrong?" Inui raised a brow.

"Totally wrong! In no way am I glad about getting beat up all the time. Also, I don't lose." Y/n huffed.

"Huh?" Inui deadpanned. "No, you pretty much do lose."

"Well, in terms of damaging the enemy, yes. But, I don't lose-lose 'cause I don't back down. Winning isn't what I fight for, but for my friends instead." Y/n said, crossing her arms and raising her chin high.

Inui's eyes slightly widened before he furrowed his brows and narrowed his eyes at Y/n.

"Just to let you know...Toman will fall soon. Black Dragons will take over and we'll have the Invincible Mikey groveling on the ground at Taiju's feet. Our boss is unbeatable and he'll murder all of you." Inui spoke.

The way he stared at Y/n seemed as if he was looking for a reaction, almost as if he knew something she didn't.

"Huh? Mikey...?" Y/n muttered as she stood.

"What now?" Inui asked, narrowing his eyes.

Y/n harshly gripped onto the chains of the swing and slowly looked over at Inui, her wide, empty, piercing eyes staring at him as her mouth formed a small smile.