Chapter 9

October 31, 2005.
Tokyo Manji Gang's 150
versus Valhalla's 300.
The victor of this unpredictable conflict
was the Tokyo Manji Gang.
Also, there was one death and one arrest.
A tragic end to the battle.
This battle was later
known as "Bloody Halloween".

Y/n blankly stared at Asahi who had suddenly ran into the classroom, slamming his hands on her desk and staring at her with a somewhat worried expression.

"What is it?" She questioned.

"I heard what happened..." Asahi muttered as he pursed his lips.

"Oh. Yeah." Y/n slowly nodded in understanding as she looked at her desk.

"Wouldn't you have rather stayed home? I mean, with everything that happened..." Asahi mumbled as he sat at the desk beside hers.

Y/n took in a deep breath before looking over at him.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." She smiled.

"It's hard, but Baji wouldn't want us to dwell on his death. I want to live knowing that as long as Toman's founding members are happy, Baji's wish will be fulfilled."

"Alright. That's good." Asahi slowly nodded.

"Say, did you happen to go trick-or-treating?" Y/n asked, slightly fiddling with the edge of her skirt.

"Hm? Why?" Asahi blinked.

"I want candy. I didn't get to go trick-or-treating after all." Y/n sulked.

"Dude." Asahi deadpanned.

The two stared at each other before they both grinned and Asahi took out a bag that was stored in his backpack.

"Of course I have candy! I made sure to go to the rich neighborhoods. I even scared some kids and they dropped their candy bags when they ran away!" Asahi laughed as he tossed the bag over to Y/n.

"Keep it by the way. That's not even half of what I got." He grinned.

"Thanks! Can't wait to share this with Manjiro!" Y/n excitedly shook.

"Who?" Asahi deadpanned.

"...Mikey." Y/n deadpanned.

"Ooh, right. That's his name." Asahi blinked.

Suddenly, he wore a shocked expression as he stared past Y/n, and the girl confusedly looked at him before glancing at her desk to see a basket. The basket was filled with treats and a few Halloween decorations such as stickers and figurines. There was even a cat plush.

"Hey, Y/n. I know this is sudden and a bit late, but I decided to make this for you. I didn't have much to do over the weekend and knowing how excited you get during holidays, I thought you'd like this." Hikaru smiled as he turned a chair to sit in front of her.

"Wow! Thanks, Hikkun!" Y/n beamed.

"Show off." Asahi scoffed.

"I didn't think it was much. Is it really bad?" Hikaru awkwardly scratched his neck.

"Not bad, just..." Asahi scrunched up his face.

'You just totally made my gift seem like garbage! I'm supposed to be her best friend!'

"Ah, I made one for you too. It's smaller though." Hikaru smiled, placing one on Asahi's desk.

"Oh." Asahi blinked.

"...Thanks. I don't like pumpkins though." He muttered, eyes narrowed as he stared at the stickers stuck on different spots.

Hikaru shrugged, "Okay? Not my problem. So, Y/n-"