Chapter 5

~2017~

"Hey, have you seen the boss lately?" A man asked, stopping the figure.

"Why?" The figure asked, looking back with no interest.

"I need to give him these reports. They're important." The man said, waving a stack of paper.

"Tch. Hand them over to Kisaki. The boss could care less about your reports." The figure scoffed.

Just then, their eyes narrowed and they raised their arm, blocking the punch thrown at them.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" The figure coldly spoke.

"I'm just trying to do my job! I'm sure the boss will be interested in what's in these papers!" The man scowled, launching his other fist at the figure.

The figure was silent, face turning to the side as the punch connected with their cheek. The two were silent for a moment, only the sound of heavy breaths heard.

BAM!

The man's eyes shot wide and he immediately collapsed to the ground, crying out in pain as blood pooled below him.

"Fucking trash. Really think you're worth the boss's time? I know what you're aiming for." The figure said, putting away their gun before kneeling and gripping the man by his hair.

"You're not gonna lay a hand on him. I'll make sure of it." The figure said, wide eyes staring straight into the man's watery ones.

The figure slammed his head down and as they observed his limp form, their eyes shifted to the stack of papers laying on the floor.

"Wonder what this is anyways." The figure muttered, grabbing the stack and flipping through the pages.

Immediately, their eyes grew wide and their jaw grew tense as their figure slightly shook. 

"How the fuck do you know about this...?" The figure spat, staring down at the limp man with murder in their eyes.

——-

~2005~

"What are you even wearing?" Y/n deadpanned.

Currently, she held a white bag and was dressed casually, standing in front of one of the many doors in the hospital. Just a few feet away stood Takemichi in a...unique outfit.

"Well...! I just thought I'd try something new!" Takemichi slightly sputtered, puffing his chest as he walked over.

"You look horrible. No offense, man." Y/n snorted as she opened the door to the room.

"I don't think so!" Takemichi said as he followed behind her.

Then, his eyes caught sight of Draken who sat up on the hospital bed, accepting the bag Y/n gave him.

"Draken-kun! How ya' holdin' up?!" Takemichi asked as he grinned widely.

'Jeez...And I thought I was dorky sometimes...' Y/n internally signed.

"Quit acting like a jackass." Draken scoffed.

"Huh?! How am I acting like one?" Takemichi froze.

"You've got it written all over you. And take those shitty clothes off." Draken deadpanned.

"Told ya'." Y/n piped in. "I get you were amazing for saving Kenny and taking down Kiyomasa, but don't get a big head already."

"It's lame as hell." Draken nodded.