Chapter 18

Y/n blankly stared at the ground as she absentmindedly pushed herself back and forth on the swing without lifting her feet.

"Is this seat taken?" Someone asked, standing at the swing next to her.

Y/n looked to the side and saw Takemichi who nervously chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck. Beside him, Chifuyu blinked owlishly, looking her up and down.

"Go ahead." Y/n said, redirecting her stare to the ground.

"Hm? What's wrong with you?" Chifuyu asked, sitting on the swing to her left.

Y/n pursed her lips, biting the inside of her cheek in contemplation. The topic was hard enough to think about without crying, and she could barely compose herself when uttering a few words.

"Woah...! What happened to your neck?!" Takemichi gasped, catching sight of the bruise going around it.

"Huh? I just noticed." Chifuyu muttered with wide eyes.

"It's nothing." Y/n mumbled, her lip slightly quivering as she tightened her hold on the chains of the swing.

"Liar." Chifuyu said, taking notice of her body language.

"Chifuyu...!" Takemichi whispered, a bit worried about being too pushy.

"Y/n, you're a horrible liar. Something happened and I bet it's something having to do with Tenjiku." Chifuyu continued.

Y/n's eyes widened and she took in a sharp breath, looking at him.

"You know about Tenjiku?" She questioned.

"Yeah. The First Division got attacked by a bunch of 'em by the station." Chifuyu answered.

"Oh..." Y/n muttered, slightly sniffling.

"N/n-chan, can I ask you something?" Takemichi questioned.

"Go ahead." Y/n slowly nodded.

"I know this may seem sudden or weird, but...what can you tell me about Ogawa Asahi?" Takemichi said.

Y/n grew tense and she grit her teeth. The boys were taken aback by her sudden shift and they grew concerned, glancing at each other in confusion.

"Y/n? Did something happen with Asahi-kun?" Takemichi asked.

"It's nothing-" Y/n firmly shook her head.

"Bullshit." Chifuyu interrupted.

"Chifuyu!" Takemichi gasped.

"What?" Y/n glared at the blonde who stood and walked over to her.

"You're a liar. Something obviously happened." Chifuyu said.

"I'm telling you it didn't! Just leave me alone if you're looking for some answer that I don't have!" Y/n shouted, instantly standing as she glared at the boy.

"Hey, please calm down!" Takemichi stammered as he tried to push them away from one another.

"Why're you so damn annoying?! You're always keeping things to yourself and carrying the burdens of everyone else!" Chifuyu shouted, leaning towards Y/n's face.

"It's no wonder you're the way you are! You get beat up but always insist you're fine! You take care of others instead of yourself! You put yourself in danger for Mikey all the time when it really should be the other way around! You even joined the battle against Taiju and continued fighting even after getting your head slammed into the benches! What's your deal?!"

"What's my deal?! Is it suddenly wrong to want to help others?! Didn't you willingly get beat up by Baji so he'd be able to join Valhalla! You did it because you thought you were helping him?! And don't you step into Takemitchy's fights whenever you can?! Talk about selfless! Don't go around lecturing me when there's similar faults with you!" Y/n scowled, shoving him back.