What changed your mind, Liam?

delena 3x02 rewrite
i was using hayden by mistake when i started writing this but i do not want her in my book lmaoooo

Liam walks into his bedroom in his pyjamas about to go to bed. Theo is sitting by the window. "Seriously?" Liam asks in disbelief, raising an eyebrow at the older boy. "I was wrong." The chimera states. Liam scoffs, "Are you drunk?" Theo furrows his brows and gets up, taking a few steps towards him. "What? No."
He pauses before continuing,  "I thought Brett was gone, but I was wrong."

Liam perks up at that, "You saw him out there? Theo, is he okay?" The chimera fights back the urge to roll his eyes at that, "No, he's not okay, Liam. He's an insufferable moron that needs his ass kicked... but he can be saved." The smaller boys eyes soften, "What happened out there? What made you change your mind?" Theo freezes for a second before replying, "I changed my mind because even though I am not the biggest fan of your little boyfriend, he still saved me. So I figure I owe him the same in return. I'll help you bring him back. " Liam sighs in relief, "Thank you."

Theo hums, "But before I do, I need you to answer one question. What made you change your mind?" Liam tilts his head in confusion, "What do you mean?" Theo takes a step closer to the other boy, "You were so hellbent on staying on that mountain, then you just gave up. So what changed your mind?" Liam looks away, clenching his jaw, "We were under attack, Theo."
Theo rolls his eyes, shaking his head. "We had a bag full of weapons, Scott was with us, and not to mention we're both werewolves. You could have kept going."

Liam rubs his face in frustration, "It was too dangerous." Theo raises his eyebrow, "It was too dangerous going out there to begin with, so what was it?" The blue eyed wolf looks at him in disbelief, "Why are you being like this?"
"What changed your mind, Liam?" Theo demands. "I didn't wanna see you get hurt, okay? I was.. I was worried about you." Liam explains hesitantly, looking at the ground. Theo purses his lips, "Thanks." He's about to leave before Liam speaks up.

"Yes, I worry about you. Why do you even have to hear me say it?" Theo stalks closer until he's face to face with the younger boy. He cups Liam's cheek. "Because when I drag your boyfriend from the edge and deliver him back to you, I want you to remember the things you felt when he was gone." He strokes Liam's cheek softly, glancing down at his lips. The beta can feel Theo's hot breath hitting his face, making him slightly flustered. He doesn't know how to respond to that.
"Goodnight, little wolf." Theo doesn't wait for Liam's response, instead he runs his fingers through the other boys hair before letting go and leaving the room.

Mason is walking up the stairs, Theo nods at him. He sees his best friend standing there, looking frozen. "Know what you're doing there?" Mason raises his eyebrow questioningly, his arms crossed. Liam runs a hand through his hair before taking a shaky breath, "No, I don't."

Word count: 515
Published: 25th of November