10. His care....

Into the story

Next day morning Sivaangi woke up with immense stomach pain. It was the first day of her periods. Ashwin and Sivaangi are now married for 3 weeks and this was the first time she got periods after marriage. She found it difficult to get up from bed even. But she somehow got up from bed freshened up and came to kitchen. She had to cook for her and Ashwin. So she started making food. But she had difficulty in standing for long and was holding her stomach often. After sometime Ashwin woke up and came to kitchen to take coffee. Usually Sivaangi makes coffee by that time. Since she was not well she forgot to make coffee. She was cutting vegetables. Ashwin came to kitchen and noticed that she didn't make coffee. He was about to ask her when he noticed that she looked pale and was holding her stomach often.  He got a clue as to what the problem is. He came near her and asked calmly.

Ashwin: Sivaangi... Ennach... Udambu mudiyalaya...

Sivaangi: illa... Paravalanga....

Ashwin: en marakkire... Prechana ennanu sollu.

Sivaangi: ath sir... Vayiru Vali thaan... Avlova illa...

Ashwin: unna paathale theriyuth evlo Vali irukku nn. Nee poyi paduthuko ma... Nan innaikk breakfast seire.. innaik Sunday thaane... College ille... Nee rest eduthukko...

Sivaangi: illa sir...

She desperately wanted to go and take rest but was hesitant. Her mother has always told her that all this is natural and ladies have to bear the pain and take care of family.

Ashwin: edhuvum solla vena.. nee innaik rest edukkure.. avlo thaan... Vela ellam naan paathukure... Unakk yethavath theva nna sollu... Ippo nee ulla po... Nan breakfast senjadhkkapram koopudre.

Sivaangi went inside and lied down on the bed. She didn't close the door. She kept a pillow near her stomach and was holding it tight. Few minutes later Ashwin brought something in a cup.

Ashwin saw Sivaangi's condition and felt bad... He know this happens to all girls.. he was wondering why God has given this pain to girls only... Why not to boys also.... He went inside and called Sivaangi.

Ashwin: Sivaangi... Enthiri ma... Ithe kudichathkkapparom paduthukko.

Sivaangi stood up from the bed and sat on the bed. She saw that it was some water.

Ashwin: vendayam thaan Sivaangi. Intha maari time le ith romba relief AA irukkum Amma solliyirukka... Kasappa thaan irukkum... Intha sweet saptuko apparama... Modhala itha kudi ma...

Sivaangi somehow drank it making faces and then she had the sweet. She thanked him.

Ashwin: ethukk thanks ellam... Unnoda valiye ennale share panna mudiyaath... Ana atha korakka try panlame... Ithukkellam thanks solla koodathu... Ok ya... Paduthukko konjam kazhichu breakfast saptukalam... Unakk yethavath thevaya....

Ashwin wanted to know whether she had sanitary napkins and everything... But was hesitant to ask openly..

Sivaangi: vena sir.... Naan breakfast seyya help pannatuma...

Ashwin: athellam vena .. nee paduthukko...

He went out and prepared breakfast and then called her for breakfast. She came for breakfast but had only little.

Ashwin: ennama ivlo kammiya sapudre...

Sivaangi: enakk podhum sir... Vayiru sariyilla...

Ashwin: sari... Nee paduthukko nan konjam veliyila pore... Konjam purchase irukk... Unakk ethavath thevaya...

Sivaangi wanted to buy sanitary napkins but was hesitant to openly ask him. Her mother has told her to buy them by herself and not make men buy them and not even see them... So she didn't tell anything and just nodded no.