You Reap What You Woe Part 4

Third Person's POV:

"Ah." said the sheriff, on the phone with his deputy, "Yeah. You make sure they search that cave for any sign of that creature. No stone unturned."

"They bag and tag everything, all right?" He asks.

"Yea, and then follow up with the lab. I want the DNA results on that claw. We already got one kid in the ICU, a bunch of people in the morgue. I don't want any more. All right." He says ending the call.

He looks out the window as the bell chimes and (Y/n) walks in.

No one notices she's there yet.

"Crap." He says frustratedly, looking down at the table.

Tyler is walking by going to refill other customers coffee when he hears his father curse.

Tyler's POV:

"What's wrong?" I ask my dad as I watch him look out the window.

"Just hard to stomach a murderer wandering around town scot-free."

"At least they care enough about Wednesday to go to therapy with him." I tell him in a snarky voice.

"Tyler, come on. We've been through this. I'm just... I'm not comfortable dredging up the family past with some complete stranger." He tells me exasperatedly.

"Think it's easy for me to sit there and talk about my crap?" I ask in offense.

"I've got a lot on my plate now, bud." He says as his phone goes off.

He answers it.

"You got the results already? All right. Tape off the scene. I'll be right there." He rushes out, grabbing his things and heading towards the exit.

I notice (Y/n) is there, I feel my heart begin to pound against my ribs, and my hands begin to sweat profusely.

I remember the night of The
Rav'n.

She looked painstakingly beautiful in that dress.

She was a flawless work of art. She was a goddess in my eyes.

Then he showed up.

I've been in love with this woman for years. Since I met her she was so kind, so loving, and so perfect.

I had her. Finally, she was mine.

But he came and ruined everything.

Now things are awkward between us because of our argument, and I don't know if she'll even talk to me again.

I turn back to my father to continue the conversation before I begin to remember my mistakes of that night.

"Dad. You okay? What's going on?"

"You know Reggie, the local coroner?" I nod my head signally that I knew who he was referring to. "He just blew his brains out." I feel my heart drop to my stomach.

He walks out of the shop.

"Tyler? Are you alright?" The most sublime voice I'd ever heard asks.

The things I'd make her voice say, the things I'd love to see her body do.

I need to stop thinking these things while in front of her.

"Yea, I'm alright." I say looking into those beautiful (e/c) eyes.

The conversation begins to die off as she looks like she wants to say something.

"I'm-"

"Listen-"